My First Ported Box

seriously, will u really notice a diff using glue? im serious on that too
hell ya glue makes a difference man. it binds the wood together a wel made box should even require screws after the glue has set. and by doing the glue then the caulk it seals the enclosure even more making it even more air tight

Amen on that, glue doesn't need screws at all; just makes the box quicker to make.
and it makes it to where clamps are not necessary. The way i usually do it is: predrill, run a bead of glue on the edge, hold it up, screw it in place. Easiest way to do it i think.

i didnt know what i was talkin bout haha Right i didnt Get confused and signed Off and yes i did see the box plans me and trevor talk..

i know what the **** im doing so why dont u STFU ..saywaht? taught me and he also taught Pv audio so i actually think i know what the **** im doing god ur a ****in ass

Wow, are you really a female? because i suggest giving yourself some self-respect because profanity coming from a female is really not cute. Your making yourself really look bad. It don't make you look cool or cute if you cuss here. Maybe clean up your language a bit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you don't use clamps, good luck getting anything near perpendicular corners...

But from a good 3/4 of the box work I see on here, such things are not deemed to be really important //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

all the misinformation in this thread its great. i honestly have laughed out loud in hysteria.

dbhittin-u ****. u dont use SILICONE AS ADHESIVE ANYTIME EVER!!! i must agree with lemans as SCREWS ARE NOT FOR INTERGRITAL (word?) purposes AT ALL!!!

jordan-love ya to death girl, but I wouldnt sellboxes until you build them the calibur that moe lester builds. Also, do not call someone out on a design when you do not do everything PERFECT without asking questions. once again, i know your learning and learning rather quickly, but you are in no way a professional.

whoever it was jordan called out- a half a cubic foot is a big mistake on any plan..........free/payed for/auctioned off/given to a monkey/or having a kindergardener build it. ITS HALF A CUBIC FOOT!! not feet.

all the misinformation in this thread its great. i honestly have laughed out loud in hysteria.
dbhittin-u ****. u dont use SILICONE AS ADHESIVE ANYTIME EVER!!! i must agree with lemans as SCREWS ARE NOT FOR INTERGRITAL (word?) purposes AT ALL!!!

jordan-love ya to death girl, but I wouldnt sellboxes until you build them the calibur that moe lester builds. Also, do not call someone out on a design when you do not do everything PERFECT without asking questions. once again, i know your learning and learning rather quickly, but you are in no way a professional.

whoever it was jordan called out- a half a cubic foot is a big mistake on any plan..........free/payed for/auctioned off/given to a monkey/or having a kindergardener build it. ITS HALF A CUBIC FOOT!! not feet.
i dont know why, but i found that extremely funny

Want some caulk Tulip? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
Have an extra tube? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

i didnt know what i was talkin bout haha Right i didnt Get confused and signed Off and yes i did see the box plans me and trevor talk..

i know what the **** im doing so why dont u STFU ..saywaht? taught me and he also taught Pv audio so i actually think i know what the **** im doing god ur a ****in ass

all i taught you was port length, thats all. im not trying to be an ass but im not trying to have my name given where its not true. i didnt teach u to build boxes, just mearly and equation and tips to do a design. you are still learning, theres a LOT to learn. Also, I did not teach pv audio, he is teaching me, he answers my questions, and i answer his when i can. Its not a who taught who matter, its who can read up and understand the information and put it to use.

Oh I beg to differ. If you don't have a 90 degree angle, nothing else will line up anyway. You can get away with bad cuts, but you can't get away with bad angles.
no, i wasnt disagreeing with you. i think you may have misunderstood what i said. what i meant was, my angles come out at 90* without clamps, (someone else questioned), i just mean that with good clean cuts, and by the time all the panels are together it HAS to be square, if all panels were cut at 90*.

Darn im Sorry livinlife.. Gosh darn it..

and saywhat? i understand but im just stating you taught me and u have some awesome work and a great teacher.. i understand im not professional ..

Oh I beg to differ. If you don't have a 90 degree angle, nothing else will line up anyway. You can get away with bad cuts, but you can't get away with bad angles.
i use corner clamps, but they are only right angles when using two of them. then u still need to figit with them.

Darn im Sorry livinlife.. Gosh darn it..
and saywhat? i understand but im just stating you taught me and u have some awesome work and a great teacher.. i understand im not professional ..

no, dont say sorry, just understand that ur a female, and you gotta give yourself some self-respect. Especially if ur one of the only female car enthusiast in this forum. It's just ugly to see a female cuss, especially on the internet.

-Dante

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.