which way?

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
i have a 97 chevy ex. cab and the system in my sig.......i have a 4.3 sealed box in the back (firing up) in my back seat (sitting on top of my seat), my question is: Why can't i feel the bass?its loud and kinda hurts your ears but you can't feel it in your chest like i can with my friends w/lesser systems......one guy has 2 L5 12s with a 1200.1 (not really a lesser system, now that i think of it) in a 99 tahoe and it rattles your head, hurts your chest, ears everything.....another guy has 1 L7 10 in a 98 chevy reg. cab and it's almost as loud as the 1st guys 2 12's and then there's mine and it's really not that loud....i realize that mine are sealed and theres are ported (both systems are around 2 cubes per sub tuned to around 35, but i was wondering if i should get a ported box and face it towards my front seats w/the port up or subs facing up with the ports up???any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

with the windows down it sounds a WHOLE LOT better so i figured i was just gettin a lot of cancellation (thought it was too close to the roof ro something) but i dont know.......has anyone pointed towards the frnt seats and ported up or just port toward the frnt seats w/the subs??any pics of a good ex. cab install i should go for?thanks for the help guys!!

Another thing I just thought about was that you need to make sure you set your amp and headunit properly. I noticed when I didn't filter the frequencies on the headunit, I had a problem with it hurting my ears at really low decibles. I set the 50hz filter and I noticed that I do not feel it in my ears any more but rather just the vibrations and more in my body then in my ears.

how do ex. cab trucks fair as far as spl goes??i realize they wont be as good as say a hatchback, but are they any good for spl???whats the best position to face the subs or point the port??thanks again for the help!

i wouldn't mind taking out my seat (it'll be useless anyways)but as long as i can get to my jack in case of emergency, it'd be fine.....what advantages are there to down firing as opposed to firing toward ur seat????just more cabin gain or what?if i did downfire should i port down as well or port up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

traksta15

10+ year member
I love lamp.
traksta15
Mcalester, Ok
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date