My first BR-DIY-Box, is it OK?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mexalen

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi!
I own a Seat Leon 5F, and I'm planing to upgrade my existing Subwoofer from a noname BP Woofer to a hidden mounted BR woofer.
planed hardware:
amplifier: Helix M One X (1000W RMS @ 1 Ohm)
speaker: Hifonics ZRX 12D2

As I want to hide the installation in the spare wheel well and a double bottom, the form of the BR-Box got a little bit weird o_O
The manual of the speaker says min. 55l volume, Port 115cm² and 42cm long.
So I calculated and draw a little bit.

As this is my first DIY speaker, I'm wondering how to do it best.
I'd love to get some tips, hints, suggestions for improvement etc.

Here are the 2 versions, tell me your opinion:

Greetings, Mike

Where will the port be firing when this is installed in the vehicle?

This will not be a simple box to construct and I believe either way you go that port may behave as though it is longer than you think it is. I would be looking for a way to be able to take it apart and shorten that port if the tuning comes out too low.

Also Hifonics sub is not going to be very good. Certainly not an equal to Helix amp which should be very nice.

The port will be firing toward the front (last pic in my first post) or to the side (first 2 pics in my first post)
In both cases, I could mount the port as a seperate piece, so I would be able to change it if it's necessary.
Thank you for that hint!

As you say, that Hifonics will not perform very good, which sub can you recommend to me?
Should not require much more than 55l, the installation depth should not exceed~16cm and the price limit is at ~300$.

Thx

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...