My false floor is almost complete...

OmegaBunny
10+ year member

Building a false floor for my FJ Cruiser and it is ~90% complete. I still need to cutout the holes for the lexan, cut and wrap the lexan in frosted glass tint, cut the designs, and carpet it. Should be an hour or two tomorrow. Anyway on to the pics.

Bottom:

1.jpg

Countersunk screws:

10.jpg

Side height 2.5"

2.jpg

Sides attached:

3.jpg

Removable Front finished for accessing and easily adjusting amp settings:

4.jpg

Removable front set in place:

5.jpg

Front and back pieces completed:

6.jpg

Battery in place (and one of my dogs):

7.jpg

Battery

8.jpg

One more:

9.jpg

Tell me what you think and give me any advise to make it better!

Original design was to have it on the left side but then the lexan would not have been symmetrical and that would have driven me nuts. I left room to run my wires and I'm shopping for a battery box now. If not I'll make my own.

Anyway more pics. Today I got my holes cut for my Lexan, got the lexan cut, get the design done and the lexan frosted. I got one side wired for leds, but didn't have flux to wire the other side. I also need to get another piece of lexan since my saw decided to kick it out and it left a large scratch on one of the pieces. I went ahead and worked with it since it will be a while before i get another piece.

Holes cut

11.jpg

Lexan in place

12.jpg

Almost finished, just needs carpet

13.jpg

Lexan and LED's

14.jpg

Another shot of the Lexan lit up

15.jpg

More pics tomorrow since I'm done working today and I'm hungry.

Jesse you need to step your game up bro!

I was going to do the Omega symbol but decided that since their was a large one on the box that I would do the Fj symbol on both sides. I messed up the one piece of Lexan so I might change it when I redo it.

I used this Lexan....

http://www.amazon.com/Polycarbonate-Sheet-Clear-Thick-Length/dp/B000FPC3Z0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322441980&sr=8-1

and these LED's...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q93CGM/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

I used my table saw to cut it to 8" x 8" squares then taped it off and drew/traced the design. Then I used a utility knife and straight edge to cut out the design, leaving the design and removing all the excess tape. I used my Dremel multi-max with the sanding attachment to frost it. It went very quickly and I used a straight edge to get up to the tape (even if you hit the tape its okay). Then remove the tape and wipe it down with alcohol. Very easy to do.

Also be careful cutting the lexan and take it slow. I pushed too hard and it kicked out. One side flew across my shed and the other hit me in the stomach. Good thing I was wearing gloves and multiple layers of clothing because it flew out with some serious force. If you take it very slow it won't do it. When I was recutting I let it go through at its own pace and didn't get any binding or anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.