1974 Dodge Charger-Alpine, Infinity, Kicker

SG1022
10+ year member

This is a thread for my SQ orientated System going into my Plum Crazy '74 Charger.

So far I have purchased all the equipment, and have a enclosure design on it's way from Jason at Mobil Enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

I will be going to purchase the MDF tomorrow, and hopefully will begin construction of the box later that day. The Charger should be finished, and driving in about two weeks.

Equipment Purchased:

-2x Kicker VR 10 inch subs

-Infinity 6 3/4 inch component set(Mid, cross overs, tweets)

-Alpine IDA-305SBT

-Infinity 6x9 Coaxials

-Alpine MRXM50 Mono block for the two subs(in series)

-Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel for the mids/coaxials

For Wire I have

4 Gauge-Power wire

8 Gauge-All grounds

3 Sets of Kicker two channel RCA signal cable (#SI27)

18 Gauge for the speaker wire

I plan on putting the subs in the trunk, over the rear axle hump, coming back-out towards the back end of the car, The Two coaxials will be on the package tray, and I am still trying to find spots for the mids/tweets.

Standby for pictures of the box build, and installation, and LED light system I am installing throughout the car.

Could a Moderator move this to the build section of the forum, please?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

[/color]
photo2xif.jpg

Im finishing up the design for him right now. It will be posted up soon! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Alright, I purchased all of the MDF, and plywoud(package tray piece).

I pulled out my old package tray cut out, and already have the new one made. I will take it in tomorrow to see if it fits. Back in '74 cars only came with speakers if optioned for them. My car didn't, so my original package tray-insert is flat. Luckily that's just the insert, the actual metal package tray in the car already has cut outs for speakers, and a thin slot in the middle for a defroster. I don't plan on using a defroster, but my new insert will have the slot cut out. the shelf sits right above the sub box, so it will be like a port to my cabin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

There is one problem with it though. . . my driver side hole(in the steel package tray; part of the car's unibody) is a 6x9. The passenger side, on the other hand, is a 5x7 or something. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif So we will see if I have to enlarge that hole.

Jason sent me the enclosure design, and I play on measuring everything, and cutting the pieces out tonight.

I decided to put my mids in my front doors. The holes are cut, and I will have pictures tomorrow. I was going to test fit my speakers, but I guess infinity doesn't include mounting screws in there boxes? Mine didn't come with any.

Wish my luck!

Box Design

finisheddesign.png

Box design cuts

cutouts.png

Old package tray insert

photo12-2.jpg

New Insert

photo42-2.jpg

people with cars like such are usually to busy listening to the engine.. music is nice to have occasionally
im very aware of that, our 57 chevy gasser has no clue what a stereo is, but if your going to put work and money into a nice car and plan on doing a system, good equipment should be on the list. maybe its just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.