My false floor is almost complete...

Got the other set of LED's wired and everything is working. Last step is carpet and installing it. I thought I had grey carpet but I have black so I need to order some. Anyway, a few more pics...

LED's Wired

2011-11-28%2B18.21.01.jpg

LED's wired with speaker quick connects for easy removal of the front piece

2011-11-28%2B18.21.06.jpg

Both sides wired and working

2011-11-28%2B18.37.12.jpg

Wondering what I did to **** off the local birds. They be hatin'...

2011-11-28%2B13.55.54.jpg

So did use my idea for the neon and all that fun stuff huh.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The neon and lexan work was surprisingly easy. I thought it was going to take a lot longer than it did. The worst part about the lights was the soldering. Mostly because I **** at soldering. I decided to do the box in black carpet since that is what I have at the house right now. If I don't like the way it turns out then I will redo it in grey, but it will have to wait until after Christmas either way because the wife banned me from buying any more Car Audio supplies until Christmas is done.

The neon and lexan work was surprisingly easy. I thought it was going to take a lot longer than it did. The worst part about the lights was the soldering. Mostly because I **** at soldering. I decided to do the box in black carpet since that is what I have at the house right now. If I don't like the way it turns out then I will redo it in grey, but it will have to wait until after Christmas either way because the wife banned me from buying any more Car Audio supplies until Christmas is done.
Tell the wife if you wanted her opinion, you would have come to the kitchen to ask for it. Now finish this build up, I love FJ's and this build looks real nice

Tell the wife if you wanted her opinion, you would have come to the kitchen to ask for it. Now finish this build up, I love FJ's and this build looks real nice

LOL she's not allowed in the kitchen, her cooking is terrible. She's good about letting me buy what I want so I can't complain. I was supposed to be out of town for the next three days for a training but it was canceled so I'm going to try to get the carpet on tonight.

Update...

Things kind of slowed down because of the weather but I got some work done yesterday and today. I decided to put my battery in a different location and so I lost my plexi but I like this layout better.

First I fashioned some battery brackets out of 1" flat aluminum

Updated1.jpg

Mock placement of the battery box, battery, and brackets

Updated2.jpg

A couple pics of the finished carpeted floor

updated3.jpg

updated4.jpg

updated5.jpg

updated6.jpg

Hopefully the install will be within the next couple weeks, but it all depends on the weather.

Got it finished and installed today. I need to run my wiring still but the floor is in, battery is mounted, and it all fits perfectly! I also got the hole drilled for my new wire and the grommet installed. Wednesday I plan on getting my wire ran, battery wired, and amp installed. The woofer is already in and wired so that is one less thing to do. Hopefully I will also get the rest of my RCA's and the new wire for my mids and highs ran.

2012-02-13+18.50.23.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.