My engine build

I know how you feel about it taking a long time, I had the motor out of my old fox body for well over a year trying to save up money to rebuild it. I think with the parts I have in it it should be making around 350hp which in a stripped fox body makes for a really fun car but with a holley 850 it really likes to drink gas. Only bad thing about my car is it looks like ****, it's all faded and has rust holes but I don't give a ****. I only put the motor in the car to test it out but now I'm thinking about just doing a quick bondo job on the body and giving it a cheapo paint job then calling it done. Now it's time to start saving up to work on the Silverado my grandfather just gave to me. It's got over 200,000 miles on it so it definetely needs a rebuild lol

I know how you feel about it taking a long time, I had the motor out of my old fox body for well over a year trying to save up money to rebuild it. I think with the parts I have in it it should be making around 350hp which in a stripped fox body makes for a really fun car but with a holley 850 it really likes to drink gas. Only bad thing about my car is it looks like ****, it's all faded and has rust holes but I don't give a ****. I only put the motor in the car to test it out but now I'm thinking about just doing a quick bondo job on the body and giving it a cheapo paint job then calling it done. Now it's time to start saving up to work on the Silverado my grandfather just gave to me. It's got over 200,000 miles on it so it definetely needs a rebuild lol
Yeah, I definitely wasn't expecting it to take this long but the build went a little over budget and other complications occurred. I'm surprised on how much work got done with the small amount of tool I own.

That sounds like it was a fun project though. There are a few fox bodies driving around my area that I see on my way to school everyday. My friend had one and it was a lot quicker than my 350 El Camino.

good luck on the silverado!

I probably should quit making deadlines for myself since I never seem to make them lol. I did a lot of work this weekend and stayed home the whole time.

This is what it all looks like

IMG_3537.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have the engine in now just have to wait on my throttle body gasket, pcv valve, intake gasket and put the axles in.

It looks spacious since the header isn't in and I also removed A/C and Power Steering

I want to start it up tuesday which seems really reasonable. Tomorrow I have to go take a test for college admissions for when I leave September.

I am really excited to have my car back out because it has been sunny everyday for a while now and is starting to warm up.

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

Well props on doing the work yourself, but I hope your not expecting a HUGE performance difference.

I personally woulda went LS vtec and saved yourself a alot of trouble. I threw a obd0 b16 in my 88 civic hatch, was decently quick, then I threw a 75 shot at it and it screamed.

My current ricer is a 88 Crx with a D16 with forged internals and a .60/,63 @ 18psi

Good job though, if youre looking for a quick boost in power for some odd races, a 55 shot WAKES that motor up off the line.

Well props on doing the work yourself, but I hope your not expecting a HUGE performance difference.
I personally woulda went LS vtec and saved yourself a alot of trouble. I threw a obd0 b16 in my 88 civic hatch, was decently quick, then I threw a 75 shot at it and it screamed.

My current ricer is a 88 Crx with a D16 with forged internals and a .60/,63 @ 18psi

Good job though, if youre looking for a quick boost in power for some odd races, a 55 shot WAKES that motor up off the line.
Actually I did do ls vtec, I changed my mind a while back and fully built the block with high compression pistons and such. Its a few pages back. I also have a b16 tranny on

Thanks man

Well everyone, the car is running well. Got a vacuum leak somewhere but am going to diagnose it tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it and how easily it started. Timing was set perfect and all went smooth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VefyMkoXVQ0&feature=channel_page

I know, I got scared when the vacuum leak occured and I was holding the phone to the motor hah

I wanna thank everyone for the support. Once it's tuned, I'll have a vid of how it performs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.