My dsp configuration ,take a look for issue

Participant count
  • Participant list
I reset the dsp to factory settings and set my gains ,the measurements were normal. 20v 100rms on both 3 and 4 amp channels and I set channel 1 and 2 to 75 rms ,these 2 also matched. I then re uploaded the tune that the guy made and same problem happened. I'm measuring with the same pink noise, speaker wires disconnected, and same fluke dmm each time , volume 34 on the radio , eq on radio set flat, It's something set on the dsp and the guy that did it says he did it correctly.
First, the gains should be set before the tune is applied to the DSP. The output isn't supposed to be the same after the attenuation by the EQs. A 3dB difference between channels 3&4 is no big deal. You have to understand the DSP is used to remove peaks and valleys from the sound you hear, a car is not a perfect acoustic environment with perfect speaker placement. Second, (kind of irrelevant if you set the gains before applying the tune to the DSP) what test tone are you trying to use to set the gains on channels 1&2, if it's below 3kHz of course the output is non-existent. With the crossovers applied and set the way they are 3kHz is attenuated 6dB, in fact it looks like you wouldn't get full output below 7kHz.

First, the gains should be set before the tune is applied to the DSP. The output isn't supposed to be the same after the attenuation by the EQs. A 3dB difference between channels 3&4 is no big deal. You have to understand the DSP is used to remove peaks and valleys from the sound you hear, a car is not a perfect acoustic environment with perfect speaker placement. Second, (kind of irrelevant if you set the gains before applying the tune to the DSP) what test tone are you trying to use to set the gains on channels 1&2, if it's below 3kHz of course the output is non-existent. With the crossovers applied and set the way they are 3kHz is attenuated 6dB, in fact it looks like you wouldn't get full output below 7kHz.
I was actually using pink noise ,I believe it is 1k,but it was set with no tune after I reset the dsp to factory. So this makes sense now because pre tune everything is fine, after double checking post tune i ran in to the output problem. Also do have big dips in the eq so I'm thinking it still has to get retuned....

Problem sounds like huge cuts in eq used when gain settings should have been used instead
How much power did you have pushing your woofers and tweeters? I've had someone tell me 150 is fine on the woofers...

I was actually using pink noise ,I believe it is 1k,but it was set with no tune after I reset the dsp to factory. So this makes sense now because pre tune everything is fine, after double checking post tune i ran in to the output problem. Also do have big dips in the eq so I'm thinking it still has to get retuned....
Buy a mic and do it yourself. You obviously care enough. Instead of chasing threads on here looking for info. You coulda been done tuning already

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.