My dsp configuration ,take a look for issue

Participant count
  • Participant list
How can it be that no one sees anything wrong when the dsp is causing the speaker output voltages to be so low?

None of the output channels are attenuated, as they're all at 0 dB or maxed out. You have an aggressive EQ cut close to the mid/tweeter crossover frequency. I'm not going to look at all of the photos in full size as Pinterest is absolutely horrible for sharing a gallery of images. The trend I'm seeing is apparently random EQ settings and generic crossover settings. There is one EQ cut that is down by 16 dB. This is a **** show.

None of the output channels are attenuated, as they're all at 0 dB or maxed out. You have an aggressive EQ cut close to the mid/tweeter crossover frequency. I'm not going to look at all of the photos in full size as Pinterest is absolutely horrible for sharing a gallery of images. The trend I'm seeing is apparently random EQ settings and generic crossover settings. There is one EQ cut that is down by 16 dB. This is a **** show.
Yea well someone off of a diffrent forum offered to set up the dsp, he swears everything is fine but I didn't think so. He tuned it with a rta. Should I bite the bullet and have a shop tune it?

Yea I really don't have time for that or I would. I just need someone to take a look at the tune so if it's something simple I can fix or I'll just take it to a shop and hope they are good enough to fix the issue. Not many shops use mini dsp.
So what do you mean by the output voltages are low. The c-dsp only has 2 volts out and the mini is slightly higher.

Unplug your rcas to your tweeter amp/channel then switch to a preset that your friend didnt set up. One with open settings and nothing set. If your output is still low then you know its not an EQ or setting(on the dsp) issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

So what do you mean by the output voltages are low. The c-dsp only has 2 volts out and the mini is slightly higher.
Unplug your rcas to your tweeter amp/channel then switch to a preset that your friend didnt set up. One with open settings and nothing set. If your output is still low then you know its not an EQ or setting(on the dsp) issue.

I did that and it was fine. My issue is that I went to set my gains and the voltage coming out of channel 3 on the amp is 20 v. 100rms and channel 4 is 10 v 50 rms.. on channel 1 and 2 on the amp the voltage stays below 1 volt no matter the gains. I reset the dsp and the measurements went to normal. Channel 3 and 4 are controlled by 1 gain knob so they should match... same with channel 1 and 2, these 2 should match

I did that and it was fine. My issue is that I went to set my gains and the voltage coming out of channel 3 on the amp is 20 v. 100rms and channel 4 is 10 v 50 rms.. on channel 1 and 2 on the amp the voltage stays below 1 volt no matter the gains. I reset the dsp and the measurements went to normal. Channel 3 and 4 are controlled by 1 gain knob so they should match... same with channel 1 and 2, these 2 should match
...so try and explain that better.

Have you eliminated things one by one?

Are you measuring with speakers plugged in?

Like swapping L/R rcas to see if its the channel or the rca wire.

Or trying it on a different amp.

Sounds like a busted dsp to me :/ but you never know.

Wonder if its a messed up rca. Try a resistance or continuity test between both pos or bith neg end of each rca. So you know if the signal is going through.

I reset the dsp to factory settings and set my gains ,the measurements were normal. 20v 100rms on both 3 and 4 amp channels and I set channel 1 and 2 to 75 rms ,these 2 also matched. I then re uploaded the tune that the guy made and same problem happened. I'm measuring with the same pink noise, speaker wires disconnected, and same fluke dmm each time , volume 34 on the radio , eq on radio set flat, It's something set on the dsp and the guy that did it says he did it correctly.

I reset the dsp to factory settings and set my gains ,the measurements were normal. 20v 100rms on both 3 and 4 amp channels and I set channel 1 and 2 to 75 rms ,these 2 also matched. I then re uploaded the tune that the guy made and same problem happened. I'm measuring with the same pink noise, speaker wires disconnected, and same fluke dmm each time , volume 34 on the radio , eq on radio set flat, It's something set on the dsp and the guy that did it says he did it correctly.
Well your dsp is one of the easiest around. Any shop should be able to plug a computer into it and use the software easily. Its very intuitive.

You either retune it yourself or have someone else do it.

Your friend fucked it up

Well your dsp is one of the easiest around. Any shop should be able to plug a computer into it and use the software easily. Its very intuitive.
You either retune it yourself or have someone else do it.

Your friend fucked it up

Wasn't really a friend. What could the problem be? Would bad eq settings cause this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.