My car gonna die?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nick358
10+ year member

im still pretty new to car audio, i got 2 alpine R's 1241, and a jbl 1200.1 powering them. all this is thrown into a 90 grand prix that is stilli n good condition but nothing is really done to it, question i guess is you think my car will be able to handle the power when i turn it up, or am i gonna have to spend a crazy load of money buying a new alternator and capacitors and shat now (which i intend to do in like a month or 2 but im dry on money right now)

I believe those subs are dual 4 ohm, so youre gonna want to run the subs in parallel, and then series to the amp. Meaning on each sub, wire the pos to pos and the neg to neg, producing a 2 ohm load for each sub. Then wire the pos from sub A to the pos on the amp speaker lead, the neg from sub A to the pos from sub B, and the neg from sub B to the neg on the amp speaker lead, producing a 4 ohm load.

Good luck

The 1200.1 is still a good choice, it doesnt cost that much more and if you ever plan to upgrade your subs to bigger and better, your amp will be able to handle it.

check this out

2 4ohm dvc subs.....4ohm mono load

spk2dvcs.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.