My amps hate me, eclipse premium and mtx roadthunder

by any chance is the speaker wire going from the amp to the speaker touching at some point, should have a protection for that but you gata check errything.
I did consider this even though i just recently installed all new knu 14g, but i crossed it off as a possible issue since i also tryed a pair of box 6x9s i had in the truck. So the only wiring was 2 foot long from amp to a box, i could see 199% of the wiring and only 2 6x9s are connected. They still had the background noise, so yerppppp its my HU being a old mofo

I did consider this even though i just recently installed all new knu 14g, but i crossed it off as a possible issue since i also tryed a pair of box 6x9s i had in the truck. So the only wiring was 2 foot long from amp to a box, i could see 199% of the wiring and only 2 6x9s are connected. They still had the background noise, so yerppppp its my HU being a old mofo
well its sounding like a hu problem then, do you have a spare, and if not check the impedance on your ground with a dmm, and make sure its 0.

well its sounding like a hu problem then, do you have a spare, and if not check the impedance on your ground with a dmm, and make sure its 0.
I know its the unit, i already fixed the problem. But i thought yesterday it could be a bad ground so i made a new one lmfao I drilling into the steal tubing support beam behind my unit and ran a 14g ground to my unit, maybe 8in in length. So it has a great ground, but i have a wire from the white RCA on one preout and grounded it to the case of my unit. That solved it 100%, all 4 chs are playing clearly and evenly thus far.

I know its the unit, i already fixed the problem. But i thought yesterday it could be a bad ground so i made a new one lmfao I drilling into the steal tubing support beam behind my unit and ran a 14g ground to my unit, maybe 8in in length. So it has a great ground, but i have a wire from the white RCA on one preout and grounded it to the case of my unit. That solved it 100%, all 4 chs are playing clearly and evenly thus far.
oh, thats good, i had the same problem with my alpine ivad106, but it was kind of a beach because the rcas were cords, so i had to go to the local machine shop and have a bracket made for them all to slide in and i ran a ground wire from there, wish i could find the pic.

I've seen a number of Kenwood HUs fail like this, something weak on the board breaks causes various strange problems depending on the amp, can be temp-fixed by grounding out the outside bit of RCA's

oh, thats good, i had the same problem with my alpine ivad106, but it was kind of a beach because the rcas were cords, so i had to go to the local machine shop and have a bracket made for them all to slide in and i ran a ground wire from there, wish i could find the pic.
I've seen a number of Kenwood HUs fail like this, something weak on the board breaks causes various strange problems depending on the amp, can be temp-fixed by grounding out the outside bit of RCA's
It faded out 2 days ago again but then i was at 3/4ths tilt and she came back on. There all playing right now but im convinced the preouts on my alpine are dieing. But i have a pioneer DEH-P9400 showing up in a few hours, im excited for it. Still wondering what to do about my mtx though, they never called me back and idk if the amp fried or i just boiled some silicon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.