Mtx9500 or Zcon build?

Participant count
  • Participant list

noble brown

Senior VIP Member
So I got a 15" Zcon d1 and in the process of looking for a suitable amp I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. The local shop had a pair of mtx 9512's. I wasnt really interested though, I was on a mission for a amp. He knew this and so offered a very decent price and I declined. But then started thinking I would like to have them just to have them but I want really sure so I decided to lowball the **** out of them and let that decide it. I went back and they took the deal. I was happy on one hand but now I'm wondering wtf I'm gonna do w them. I wanna use em but I really like my Zcon. I have to build a bandpass box to port through my rear deck regardless which way I go and frankly the mtxs model a lot better in bass box pro then the Zcon in a bandpass. On top of all that I already have one mtx81000d and another one ( one for each 9500) is going to be significantly cheaper then a 2 ohm 3kish amp for the Zcon. So I just want some people's input. What do you think?

9500's are great subs, worth more than $100 for sure. I'd say don't not run them just because the name of the ZCON. Should be louder anyway because of surface and coil area. Do what feels right bro.

9500's are great subs, worth more than $100 for sure. I'd say don't not run them just because the name of the ZCON. Should be louder anyway because of surface and coil area. Do what feels right bro.
I've used them and wasn't impressed.pretty much paying for basket n motor because soft parts blow.

MTX puts a real good motor on the 95s. Good basket also. Soft parts are pure **** though. PSI can do a good beef up recone and the turn out very good.
That's what I'm saying

I didn't pay much more then 100.

Yeah and I am thinking they will be louder too. I figured even if just for to recone them it was worth the money. They are great motors. Maybe I'll just run the mtxs and best the **** it if the soft parts till they blow and then recone them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.