Motorcycle cycle speaker?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Look into the MM series Polk. High sensitivity, marine rates, have great reviews. I will probably pick them up for my bike next riding reason. Haven't run these specifically, but have run many Polk speakers including the DB+ line, and for the money they are amazing.

Friend of mine looking to put speakers on his Harley. I know nothing when it comes to this. He said he is looking to do four 6.5” and a pair 6x9’s.
Anyone got any advice/experience I could share with him?

Two 6x9s and Four 6.5"? A HD is 1/3rd the size of my shitbox and I have two 6.5s+component and two 6x9s in cabin. Not a chance Four 6.5s and Two 6x9s would fit in a stock Harley nonetheless power that setup. Although, I know 2 out of 100 about motorcycles. Logic.

Two 6x9s and Four 6.5"? A HD is 1/3rd the size of my shitbox and I have two 6.5s+component and two 6x9s in cabin. Not a chance Four 6.5s and Two 6x9s would fit in a stock Harley nonetheless power that setup. Although, I know 2 out of 100 about motorcycles. Logic.
6AEBB987-C458-41EE-AD8F-CECDB684B957.jpeg
B61330BC-1148-4D30-BB98-F07D2305014C.jpeg

Dang, that pic you posted is a stock HD?

Just talk here but with a 4 channel mini (marine?) amp - 4 front 6.5s wired parallel. Makes more sense for some front components if I knew how to ride and own. What's wrong with the stock setup? Looks like one of Harley's top trims. Who knows

Dang, that pic you posted is a stock HD?

Just talk here but with a 4 channel mini (marine?) amp - 4 front 6.5s wired parallel. Makes more sense for some front components if I knew how to ride and own. What's wrong with the stock setup? Looks like one of Harley's top trims. Who knows
Not stock at all. Many upgrades was done to the bike. As far as stick stereo, guess they are wanting more than what the bike came with. This is for my brothers friend. My brother has the exact same bike and is trying to outdo his setup. Man, don’t get me to lying. It’s like a friendly competition I guess. Who know’s

Not stock at all. Many upgrades was done to the bike. As far as stick stereo, guess they are wanting more than what the bike came with. This is for my brothers friend. My brother has the exact same bike and is trying to outdo his setup. Man, don’t get me to lying. It’s like a friendly competition I guess. Who know’s

That is nuts! Every now and then around the east valley in AZ (Gilbert, Chandler) you hear a hog come rippin through and he eases off the clutch...meanwhile his radio is just BLARING. It's sooo rare on this side of the Phoenix valley but pretty awesome. My head turns when I hear all motorcycles, especially Ninjas and the like, but when a cruiser loud ass 550cc(jk) comes and drowns out my +6dB on the freeway... I respect that. I'm too old not too...40

You don't necessarily need to use a "Marine" or "Motorcycle" Speaker.... The composition of the cone would definitely be my deciding factor.... Anything Carbon/glass Woven or hell even carbon treated paper cones....

I'm Running Infinity kappa 50.9 and 60.9 Components on my Goldwing F6B and before that they were in my Jeep TJ another open air environment.

On a Budget The Crescendo PWX6.5 8f you can fit them. Or another Pro Audio/SQL oriented speaker. DB drive Euphoria exm6n-cf or PRV 6MR500-CF-Ndy I couldn't recommend a 6x9 tho has I Haven't used them in Many moons.... But Infinity kappa 69.11 are still available and have a decent sensitivity and pretty low Fs.... Heard some decent reviews on the Powerbass line too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...