Motorcycle cycle speaker?

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Friend of mine looking to put speakers on his Harley. I know nothing when it comes to this. He said he is looking to do four 6.5” and a pair 6x9’s.
Anyone got any advice/experience I could share with him?

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Friend of mine looking to put speakers on his Harley. I know nothing when it comes to this. He said he is looking to do four 6.5” and a pair 6x9’s.
Go with Polk Audio they sound good and are marine rated ...

Reactions: Ridinhi

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
Look into the MM series Polk. High sensitivity, marine rates, have great reviews. I will probably pick them up for my bike next riding reason. Haven't run these specifically, but have run many Polk speakers including the DB+ line, and for the money they are amazing.

Reactions: Ridinhi

fixinit

Sep 8, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Two 6x9s and Four 6.5"? A HD is 1/3rd the size of my shitbox and I have two 6.5s+component and two 6x9s in cabin. Not a chance Four 6.5s and Two 6x9s would fit in a stock Harley nonetheless power that setup. Although, I know 2 out of 100 about motorcycles. Logic.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two 6x9s and Four 6.5"? A HD is 1/3rd the size of my shitbox and I have two 6.5s+component and two 6x9s in cabin. Not a chance Four 6.5s and Two 6x9s would fit in a stock Harley nonetheless power that setup. Although, I know 2 out of 100 about motorcycles. Logic.
6AEBB987-C458-41EE-AD8F-CECDB684B957.jpeg
B61330BC-1148-4D30-BB98-F07D2305014C.jpeg

fixinit

Sep 8, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Dang, that pic you posted is a stock HD?

Just talk here but with a 4 channel mini (marine?) amp - 4 front 6.5s wired parallel. Makes more sense for some front components if I knew how to ride and own. What's wrong with the stock setup? Looks like one of Harley's top trims. Who knows

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang, that pic you posted is a stock HD?

Just talk here but with a 4 channel mini (marine?) amp - 4 front 6.5s wired parallel. Makes more sense for some front components if I knew how to ride and own. What's wrong with the stock setup? Looks like one of Harley's top trims. Who knows
Not stock at all. Many upgrades was done to the bike. As far as stick stereo, guess they are wanting more than what the bike came with. This is for my brothers friend. My brother has the exact same bike and is trying to outdo his setup. Man, don’t get me to lying. It’s like a friendly competition I guess. Who know’s

fixinit

Sep 8, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Not stock at all. Many upgrades was done to the bike. As far as stick stereo, guess they are wanting more than what the bike came with. This is for my brothers friend. My brother has the exact same bike and is trying to outdo his setup. Man, don’t get me to lying. It’s like a friendly competition I guess. Who know’s
That is nuts! Every now and then around the east valley in AZ (Gilbert, Chandler) you hear a hog come rippin through and he eases off the clutch...meanwhile his radio is just BLARING. It's sooo rare on this side of the Phoenix valley but pretty awesome. My head turns when I hear all motorcycles, especially Ninjas and the like, but when a cruiser loud ass 550cc(jk) comes and drowns out my +6dB on the freeway... I respect that. I'm too old not too...40

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds