Monte Carlo install help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dkolv1337
10+ year member

So I am hooking up some aftermarket subs to my car, and I got a line level converter because I am keeping my stock HU. I tapped into the rear speakers for the converter. My amp turns on, and for my remote wire I tapped into an antenna trigger, but now I dont get any radio stations..The amp did turn on, but nothing was coming from the subs, anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

I would not use the antenna lead for your rmt signal. See if you can find an empty fuse socket that has switched power and use that for your rmt.

As far as no sound from your subs, check to be sure that the level controls on the converter(if it has them) are adjusted correctly.

Also dbl check your connections for the converter.

My connections are good, when I tapped into the speaker wires behind the HU, I soldered them, so they are solid. The settings on the converter are a little less than halfway up for both levels, because I didnt want them all the way up, so I figured about halfway would be safe to start with so I dont think its the levels. Im guessing because the ant trigger wasnt the best spot, because I dont get radio stations, so im guessing thats the problem. So I think its not getting a good signal from the ant trigger, so its not powering the RCA part on the amp.

Would there be an empty spot on the fusebox where I could put the wire into? This is the part thats confusing me the most.

Most cars have a few empty spots that will have power, some constant and some switched. You will have to check with a dmm to find one.

What year is your Monti? I can look it up on ALLData and see if it dose have any spots to tap in at.

you probably blew the fuse for your antenna if it's powered so you'll need to replace that first. second you need to use a ignition switched accessory. lastly your adjustability on your LOC is not volume knobs.

I did the same thing u did on the same car. What your going to want to do is run the remote wire along side your drivers side of your car. Your going to want to hook it up to you ignition power under your dash. It should complicated and possible risky but infact its quiet easy. All you do is simply push it into the same socket that the ignition wire is in and WALA! Hope that helps. Like i said i did the same exact thing with my set up in the same car so just PM me if you need further help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dkolv1337

10+ year member
Dkolv1337
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from