Mini dsp 2x4 vs 6x8 anyone

Participant count
  • Participant list

heyhi1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
With a front 2 way setup only what is the difference beside 200 bucks? Does it have the same options but more channels or will the 6x8 give a noticeable better sound quality?

Do I need to go active with a dsp or can I stay passive and increase the sound quality?

afaik they retain the same sound quality one just has more room for more channels. if you have the money and plan on expanding in the future id go with the 6x8 for sure. you can get a ppi dsp-88r or soundstream harmony which is 2x8 for significantly less but they sacrifice component quality for cost. im happy with my dsp 88r if that matters

Still need to make sure I can stay passive and improve quality. I'm about to order the 2x4 if I can

you can improve sound quality with time alignment and eq'ing, if you take the time to do it

going to need an accurate calibrated rta mic if you decide to eq (unless your ears are good enough to hear peaks/troughs that need to be boosted/cut)

Still need to make sure I can stay passive and improve quality. I'm about to order the 2x4 if I can
I recommend getting the c-dsp instead so you have control over your subwoofer as well as well as room for a midrange in the future. You can easily go from passive to active with a 4 channel amp and get far more tuning control than you realize at this time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.