Melted speaker wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

NewEngSurf

I run 1 12inch alpine type X and im not sure what amp exactly, some kind of 1000 watt alpine mono or close to it. Well one day my sub stopped working so I went into my trunk to inspect and saw that the speaker wire going from my amp to sub had melted at the terminal cup. Only the negative speaker wire was effected and it got pretty hot. It completly ruined my terminal cup. I dont know caused this but I put in a new terminal cup and now it sounds like my sub isnt all there any more. No more hard hitting bass , I have to put my subwoofer level at about 12 on my HU to hear the sub when before level 4 was plenty of bass for me. Some songs make my trunk sound empty. What do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.