MDF Roof?

Its right through the fiberboard or whatever backs the headliner, and I can see the roof. I can patch it.. but just was looking for an alternative.

like this..

You know that stuff with holes in it used to hang on a wall so you can hang tools on it? That or something similar would be perfect and cheap. Then you can add foam and whatever fabric on top and staple/glue it to the back side. Add mounting hardware and BAM!

try looking for Masonite. I believe that is what skate board half pipes are made with
yeah.. I'm sure I can find a suitable material.

Should I deaden between the new headliner and the roof? maybe with expansion foam (its messy tho)

just buy new headliner material and recover it yourself. not that hard at all as long as you can remove it easily. Then just use spray adhesive and recover it with the new material. I had to do this in my old eclipse and it came out fine.

just buy new headliner material and recover it yourself. not that hard at all as long as you can remove it easily. Then just use spray adhesive and recover it with the new material. I had to do this in my old eclipse and it came out fine.
x2. You can buy that headliner material at most JoAnn fabric stores along with the correct spray glue. Pull down the old one without bending or breaking it like a tard. Peel off the old headliner material. Use a wire brush to remove any of the foam that is left behind. Now spray glue the new material and stick it to the fiberboard headliner. Place the headliner back in the vehicle when dry. Viola.

Dunno if this is pertinant, but if you make a wood or fiberglass one make sure you can get it in the vehicle once its hard and not flexible anymore.

If it's just 2 door non-extended Sonoma you should be ok though

x2. You can buy that headliner material at most JoAnn fabric stores along with the correct spray glue. Pull down the old one without bending or breaking it like a tard. Peel off the old headliner material. Use a wire brush to remove any of the foam that is left behind. Now spray glue the new material and stick it to the fiberboard headliner. Place the headliner back in the vehicle when dry. Viola.
Yeah I'll see what I can do. I'm not really worried about ruining it, cause its kinda worthless as it sits.

Have you thought about going to a local car wrecking yard to check if they have any sonomas and pulling one the their headliners?
There are four of these S-trucks. Unfortunatly there all ext cab.

I drove from northern alberta all the way down to great falls and found 1 bumper.

Dunno if this is pertinant, but if you make a wood or fiberglass one make sure you can get it in the vehicle once its hard and not flexible anymore.
If it's just 2 door non-extended Sonoma you should be ok though
yeah its a 2 door reg cab. there are no seats in it right now.

Just cover the existing headline in 1/8" foam, then recover with your choice of material...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.