MDF Roof?

Gearstix
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My headliner is shot in my GMC Sonoma.

I'm kinda thinking of doing a MDF roof. I'm not sure how to go about it, does anybody have a MDF roof, or could offer a guide..? I read on SSA that this will be "acoustically dead"... I don't think the guy that told me this did the guide like he said..

i wouldn't do it out of 3/4 lol

You can build a headliner out of 1/4'' mdf though, trace your old headliner onto it, wrap it...and put it up just like your old headliner

i wouldn't do it out of 3/4 lol
You can build a headliner out of 1/4'' mdf though, trace your old headliner onto it, wrap it...and put it up just like your old headliner
heck, maybe even thinner if they make it. Maybe 1/8" of so.

I'm just looking for a replacement to the headliner without spending.. $280+ for a new headliner.

I might just patch the holes in it and recover it.. but meh.

Post a pic of the current headliner. You may still be able to reuse it.
Theres 2 or 3 holes, but I don't feel like taking pix.

I didn't do any damage to my truck, was done by previous owner..

94Sonoma22L018.jpg

I would use some sort of thin fiberboard and then some sort of long lasting foam and then whatever fabric.

For badass I would do fiberglass or carbon fiber

I would use some sort of thin fiberboard and then some sort of long lasting foam and then whatever fabric.
For badass I would do fiberglass or carbon fiber
Carbon Fiber aint cheap mang, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.