MB Quart or Hifonics...Questions, thoughts on an enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

jollygt78
10+ year member

Ohion
I haven’t decided on which subs to go with just yet (2 - MB Quart RWE304 or 2 - Hifonics Brutus B12D4) but the specifications for a sealed enclosure is similar for both. I wanted to use the Hifonics subs in a vented enclosure for a little more SQL, but doesn’t look like space will allow. The box will measure 32.5”W x 16”H x 11D and have roughly 2.2 cuft using a 1” baffle. My question is for a sealed enclosure; is it alright for the subs to share the chamber space? Will I need any filler? I always thought filler was used to reduce box volume. I believe MB Quarts are recommended for sealed enclosures? If anyone thinks I could vent that enclosure let me know.

I have also tossed around the idea of a single MB Quart RWE352 in a slightly smaller sealed enclosure. I feel any combination would give me the SQL I want. Just looking for a good combination for the space I have.

My question is for a sealed enclosure; is it alright for the subs to share the chamber space? Will I need any filler? I always thought filler was used to reduce box volume. I believe MB Quarts are recommended for sealed enclosures? If anyone thinks I could vent that enclosure let me know.
It's fine to share the space. The only reason you would need Polyfill is if you find you built the box a bit too small; Polyfill fools the sub into thinking the box is larger than it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.