Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

First post on the forums here.

I've got a Pioneer GM-D7500M connected to two 12' Hifonics HFi12D4 in a ported box.

I've watched videos on youtube and such and I'm disappointed that my setup doesn't get close to the bass I want. Currently I have each sub independently connected to the amp and both are wired at 2 ohms.

I was wondering if there were any suggestions, other than I need new subs I know, that someone could let me know about. A secret that maybe I've skimmed over. I really just want to make the ground shake with out having to donate organs.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

your not gonna do much "ground shaking" with that equipment bro

post a link to the video's your talking about.. so we have an idea what you want

disconnect one woofer and see if its louder,sounds like one woofer may be out of phase, which means the wires are crossed on one woofer,then hook it back up and do the same to the other one .

connect the two subs to a 1 ohm load (if your amp can handle that) and you should notice something.

you can always go to a local shop and see if they will rewire them to a one ohm load for you for free. a lot of times local shops will help you out with little things like that.

connect the two subs to a 1 ohm load (if your amp can handle that) and you should notice something.
you can always go to a local shop and see if they will rewire them to a one ohm load for you for free. a lot of times local shops will help you out with little things like that.
He running at 2ohm stereo (if Im understanding the OP correctly) so the more likely wiring option is to wire both subs together to a 4ohm load, and bridge the amp. This will produce the same power as his current 2ohm stereo wiring setup, but it will remove the possible problem of phase issues.

what amp are you running the subs on? 

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

^fail
1) you are pointing that fail at yourself, and

2) what I said was exactly correct.

IOW, Im not sure exactly what you are referring to, but either way the fail seems to be coming from you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what amp are you running the subs on? 

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

^fail

He said Pioneer GM-D7500M

Which is a mono amp, so I'm confused by the comment that he has both wired independantly??? Doesn't seem that he has them wired correctly, depending on what he means by wired independantly.

The subs are DVC 4ohm subs so he could be wiring them to a 2 ohm load. The subs are 300rms each, the amp is 400rmsx1 @2ohm.

If you have both subs wired in parallel then going to the amp, that is going to be a 1 ohm load and the amp is not 1 ohm stable. You will not be able to get the most out of that amp with those subs, you need SVC 4 ohm or DVC 2 ohm subs to wire them to a 2 ohm load.

4ohm svc or 2ohm DVC is what you need.. Im suprised that amp will stay on under that load, I really dont think it would. So you might already have the right subs, its just a VERY low power set up.

link your exact subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.