What to buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I have a amp and sub. Stock head unit so im using a line out converter. However for some reason some of the bass still plays through my stock speakers. So theres bass coming from the stock speakers and the subwoofer. So when i turn the bass all the way up through the settings on my stock radio the rest of the music (like lyrics) gets all muffled and stuff and sounds bad. I heard aftermarket head units have something called direct sub output or something where the bass onlt goes to the sub rather than the stock speaker also. Do all aftermarket head units have this? Will adding a new HU make my music louder?

What you are needing is a deck with a high pass filter. Factory decks don't come with this but most aftermarket decks do. It blocks out all frequencies lower than what you set it at.

Would definitely look into getting an aftermarket one. A lot of cheap aftermarket decks don't have a HPF, but the better ones do, so don't go cheap with it. Should say in the description if it has one or not.

What you are needing is a deck with a high pass filter. Factory decks don't come with this but most aftermarket decks do. It blocks out all frequencies lower than what you set it at.
Would definitely look into getting an aftermarket one. A lot of cheap aftermarket decks don't have a HPF, but the better ones do, so don't go cheap with it. Should say in the description if it has one or not.
Can you suggest a decent deck? So if i get a deck with a high pass filter it will make all the bass go to the subwoofer? Would a new deck also make the music louder?

Can you suggest a decent deck? So if i get a deck with a high pass filter it will make all the bass go to the subwoofer? Would a new deck also make the music louder?
Yes the bass will be coming out of only your subwoofer depending on where you have the HPF set at.

I noticed a huge difference in sound quality and loudness when I upgraded to an aftermarket head unit. Would really depend on what deck you buy.

And it's hard to suggest you a deck unless we know how much you are willing to spend.

What is your budget?
Would be great if i could get one in the 100 dollar range because i have a 08 ford focus sedan so i need to buy like 100 dollars worth of parts and **** to even install a HU. and i dont even know how to do it so i might have to pay best buy or something for an install. The only other thing im looking for in my deck is an aux input for my iphone. Does a usb input have better sound quality than a aux input btw?

Im on best buys website looking at car steroes but in the specs none of them say say High pass filter. Is there another name for it? Is it subwoofer crossover?

I actually ended buying the older model of that deck when I first started and it did not have any crossovers. And I was going to let them install it for me, the price tag may say 80 bucks but they wanted to charge me for every single piece such as wiring harness, antenna adapter, the 1.5 to 1 din adapter plate, ect. And labor on top of it. Totalling out to be over 150. I said no.

I bought it from sonicelectronix for cheaper price, it came with everything except the antenna adapter, which was like 10 bucks. I looked online on how to get to my dash to install it and bam, got it. It was fun and an experience.

But i've moved on from that deck and on to something much better. Check out something like this. Pioneer DEH-P5200HD (DEHP5200HD) CD/MP3 Car Stereo w/ HD Radio

It might be a little more than you want to spend, but after haveing to buy everything separate from best buy, sonicelectronix will send almost everything to you for no additional amount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay_high

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stay_high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date