Matching sub to box

Participant count
  • Participant list

DinSeadly
10+ year member

So i recently blew one of my subs and I am looking into replacing it or possibly replacing both subs if thats what needs to happen. Currently I have one of these(managed to seize the second one :p):

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/MungoBlobs/533/903/SRW1285(Manual),1.pdf

The box i have is a Bassworx box, not sure if they are any good I bought the set up used. The box i have is a ported one, it is (according to the website) 3 cu.ft. volume and tuned to 42 hz as I found here: Bassworx - Industrial Revolution (Mine is the dual 12").

I am hoping someone can help point me in the correct direction of what sub to replace my one seized up one with or if i should look into 2 new subs. The amp i am running is a Kaption Mono 700 RMS 1ohm. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

p.s it would be nice if the new subs i got (if needed be) are much harder to blow or impossible to blow with this amp.

I dont really want to buy\make a new box, i dont really have the money right now and was more looking for a quick fix of just replacing the one missing sub or replacing both subs. I honestly am not sure HOW the first one blew, it just did. It was causing my amp to go into protection mode when I turned the volume up past 20. I tore the seized sub apart and found the voice coil was completely black :p.

I got the whole system installed and tuned "profesionally". But yes the load on my amp is 1 ohm. Also i bought the subs and box and amp and cap all used.

there is also a 2 farahd cap hooked up however, thought that helped with the drop.
not really, it does serve as a fancy looking distribution block tho! Definately get 2 new subs, dont mismatch... altho back in the day i have to say i mismatched a few times that didnt sound too bad...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.