10" Fi-Q Sealed or ported?

Participant count
  • Participant list

swollen_cu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have a chance to grab a barely used 10" Fi-Q from a local guy for a good deal and was wondering what's everyone's opinion on running these sealed or ported?

Sealed I was thinking 1.0 cubes sealed or 1.5 ported @33hz. If I do go ported, I would like to go aero just to try it out.

Any ideas?

Sub is D2 and will be run at 1 ohm off my AQ1200. Car is a 2001 Acura TL

you don't lose sq in a properly built low tuned ported enclosure. Do you know what options the sub has? If it's the high QTS model I wouldn't go ported and if it's the low QTS model I would port it and tune low 27-32 range

pretty sure it's the low qts version, but I'll ask the guy to make sure.

Anyone can draw me up some box plans for a box 1.5^3 aero port tuned to 32hz?

Well just talked to the guy and he said it's the HIGH QTS version with no options.
So sealed? What size does everyone recommend?
You'll want to go sealed then and if it's a newer model Q Fi recommends around .5 cubes. If it is the older model I'm not sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.