Matching amp RMS and Sub RMS

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thank you so much, Deez!
I am so dumb, because I just started getting into DIY car stereo.

Can you please let me know how to set the gains correctly in this case?

Is gain "Input Sens?" So, you turn it down counter clockwise when you hear sound of stress?

Please let me know if I can run a 150 RMS sub with 500 RMS amp.

JL HD 900/5, 100 X 4 Plus 500X 1
Dynaudio MW 172, 8 inch, Nominal long term IEC 150 W Transient (10 ms) 1000 W
Absolutely. Tune properly and you should be just fine. Head room is always nice to have usually. The amp generally runs cooler and does not work as hard and should last a bit longer as well.

You have way more chance of killing speakers with not having enough power to them.... most guys crank it trying to get loud and the clipped signal ( distortion ) has high death rates. You can have lots of power and not use it all. Like mentioned above.... set the amp to lower power gives much better head room ( cleaner power and better sound )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...