Massive S**T!!

I figured I was safe because they stated they are 60wrms. HOWEVER... I have no clue how much power I am sending them because I lack the proper gear (DD-1). So... I am either going to get an amp with built in clip indicators or a DD-1.

Any suggestions on high power tweeters that even a moron like me would have a hard time blowing?
A dd-1 is way over priced and you don't need it to determine power output. A scope and DMM is all you need to get close, not that it's necessary. Just get the right size amp and a scope

I have bumped the knobs for the DSP with my knee a few times and it would switch presets but nothing dramatic has ever happened. No shorts. I make sure any exposed copper for wires and cable are specific lengths and have no stray strands. I may be just overdriving them. I will back the gain down a bit and see if I have any further issues. Perhaps U.S. Acoustics lies about their "rms" power and in reality the 100 x 4 is 150 x 4. sunsabitches lol.
I had 145 on them back then at full tilt no issues if you are talking about the massive ct 2s and they get loud enough to keep up with 4 18s.

Ok ok... mine are the Massive CT1a's. You guys think the CT2's are the smart choice?

Wew Lad... I don't have a scope... I have two DMM's. One of which is a clamp as well.

Audiobaun... I do like the Kicker tweets... just not the looks.

By the by... the Silverflute 6.5" 4ohms midbass have never hissed, distorted, overflexed or complained the entire time they have been in this car. When I turn the sub off and I am wearing shorts, the SF's move the hairs on my legs. Granted the left mid is inches away from my leg.

Let me go look for some CT2's.

your DSP might be outta wack by the sounds of it.
If it's not one thing it's another. I only have the 4 channel for mids and highs so when I was running the DD's and tweets at one time, I had to run passive crossovers on them. Right now I am full on 2-way active plus the sub. No passive crossovers. I think the gain may be to high on my front channels of the Barbara Ann... but dig this, when I measure or have measured at the terminals of the front channels... the voltage is not the same as the rear channels. Say the rears would say 20v on a signwave, the fronts would be like .93v or some weird **** so I kinda did them by ear. The owners manual is a joke so...

Here is the crossover section of the Barbara Ann... pretty straight forward so I am pretty sure I didn't muck that up. Full on everything as the DSP is crossing over the sound.

Full pass 1-2
Full pass 3-4
Bass EQ on 0
Gains are barely up

268-9004-ALT-0.jpg

Here is the crossover section of the Barbara Ann... pretty straight forward so I am pretty sure I didn't muck that up. Full on everything as the DSP is crossing over the sound.

Full pass 1-2
Full pass 3-4
Bass EQ on 0
Gains are barely up

268-9004-ALT-0.jpg
For tweeters you can definitely just put it on high pass just for a secondary layer of protection from bass frequencies that does not affect the sound for future reference.

I have NO luck with tweeters apparently. After hooking my Alpine tweeters back up after adjusting gains and the DSP because I blew the right Massive Audio tweeter, I noticed yesterday that my left Alpine tweeter stopped working. Luckily I did not pull the MA set out of the doors. I swapped the wires at the amp to power up the left MA tweeter so now I have a missmatched pair of tweeters. I swear to the audio gods... I am not overpowering these tweeters when they blow. They are crossed over at 4+Khz. Maybe the Alpines are counterfeit.

definitely something is up here thats not the tweeters. Either your power is getting dirty somehow or maybe there's a tear in the wiring somewhere causing a short or maybe your crossovers say it works but its actually not working.

I thought about the wires too. They are literally single runs with no splices of speaker wire from amp to speaker. I drilled holes in body panels to run them into the doors and used rubber grommets. When I adjust the DSP crossovers I can hear the sound change out of the tweeters. I really am at a loss. I hear no evidence before hand... just notice the silence after the fact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.