Massive newbie. Please help me out.

OP
J

Jaames93

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2020
London, UK
Happy days, all fixed! The RCA ports had completely broken off the board, how I have no idea but it’s fixed, cost me £35 too so not too bad.

Now in terms of setting up the gain, I’m going to do this with a DMM, I’m running 1 subwoofer at 2 ohms, the amp is [email protected], what should my gain be set to on a 50hz test track? 69v

The way I see it is Voltage x Resistance (2400rms x 2ohm) is 4800, square root of that is 69v

Last edited:

02WS6

Gif Guy and Bobby's BFF
Jan 12, 2020
Sacramento
69VAC is what you're looking for on the output. I'd recommend a pocket O-Scope or Piezo tweeter as other options to verify clipping as DMM isn't "perfect". You can google around about using the Piezo or O-Scope but if all you have is the DMM then 69VAC is right where you'd want to be, just be careful and pay attention to any smells.

Gunk

CarAudio.com Well Known
Sep 6, 2019
Ohio
Good luck in what respect? Getting it repaired? Apparently this guy is really good and repairs them for a living so hopefully he can sort it out
yea, just good luck with the repair. looks like you got a good tech. rock on!

OP
J

Jaames93

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2020
London, UK
yea, just good luck with the repair. looks like you got a good tech. rock on!
The guy is very good, he’s called Sam Vennard. He’s well known of his audio builds and his repairs. He makes hybrid subs, changing drivers into other subs etc Etc very clever guy, he repairs amps from all over the world. Pretty impressive to be honest!

Yeah I will check there’s no clipping I will try and get a oscilloscope to verify or find someone with one. Need to set the amp up as it seems very quiet at the minute

OP
J

Jaames93

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2020
London, UK
Set my multi metre to VAC 200 but when the gain is all the way up the multi metre shows 39v so something isn’t right there. Need to try a better MM really or get a oscilloscope to stop clipping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

• J

Trending topics

Latest classifieds