man o man.. I'm confused.

Just a recommendation. Put some thought into how much total current you'll be drawing (headlights, a/c-heat blower, etc. plus amps, etc.) and take a good look at your charging system in your Hyundai.

Did they give you a full run down on how they would be doing the install? I think that price is a bit high, but it does depend on how the install is done to some extent.
Everyone here will jump on the "that cost to much" band wagon because of online prices and the diy market. If you're a dyi kind of person then of course much better can be had out there for your budget. However, if you are more of a pay to have it done kind of person then finding a shop that does amazing work will cost s bit, but will be worth it for their quality of work.
this is very true ,dustin you hit it right on the head.i've seen shops out here that do amazing work ,but they charge well over $100 an hour

I've got a tad under 2000$ in mine. I bought it all new except for my subs. Also im only running @2 ohms. Everyone that gets in it cant believe its 2- 12's.
Sounds like a lot for yours too if you just have whats listed in your sig.

I am the type to pay someone to do this...because well honestly, if I know nothing about ohms.. I know nothing about wires and grounding and whatever else. this is their run down, in steps.. because I couldn't do 2500 in one swoop.

1. Radio/Install/Radio Parts - $500.. I bought the kenwood ddx419.. its a dvd player too. It's installed.

2. Install all interor speakers - $500 .. mclass 6.5 .. I think this was for 4 or 6 of them

3. Install interior speakers amp - $560 (memphis 4.50) and wiring for next step -

4. Final step $1340 included two 12" C3's memphis amp for the subs (1000.1), sub box, battery, dymite (sp) and a LC2.

Taxes were included in all of this.

The price breakdown was:

Dual Amp Kit 4 Gauge - $180

4.50 Memphis Amp - $290

1000.1 Memphis Amp - $390

Stinger Battery sp44 - $175

Memphis Sub box - $125

Two C3's 12" - $380

Dymanite - $180

Labor - $450

Mclass interior speakers - $340

LC2 switch - $100

I don't mind paying them in steps as it would be easier for ME.. however.. based on a setup from beerdrnkr on the first page I could save about 1k! which is huge to me. AND it would sound better?!?!? I told them I just want something that is going to sound very clean, crisp, booming, sharp, loud, and able to get noticed with my windows up. So they quoted me the above. Right now, this seems all so stressful because there is so much out there.. I have no clue what to get or where to begin.

look into american bass.

2 xfl 12's and a ph4000, cant beat price to performance and double the power you asked for originally for under $600.

find a member close enough you to help with the basics, most guys will help you on a weekend for some cash/beer/lunch.

fyi they are charging you near full retail for the items. but you pay for that when you go to a shop.

Talked to a different shop.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif based on the lethal injection subs beerdrnkr mentioned... they said that is a spl setup.. and based on his conversation with me.. I am wanting more of a loud spq setup. what gives!?! he's suggesting rockford p2's and infinity components

I would suggest you start a thread on here telling where you live and see if you can get someone to come help you do the install. Even if you paid them what you would pay a shop, you would still learn a ton and could then do it on your own. As far as spl vs sql , if you have a custom box built by double 07 or anyone on here for that matter it should sound nice. As far as equipment goes you will be happy with whatever is suggested on heere.

I just want someone to tell me what I should buy. beerdrnkr mentioned some choices, but from what the shop said, thats a spl setup. I guess I want SQL...if that refers to folks that think they can accomplish both without sacrificing any part of one or the other.

Installation is something I will visit once I get all of what I need. In the meantime.. what do I buy!?!

I just want someone to tell me what I should buy. beerdrnkr mentioned some choices, but from what the shop said, thats a spl setup. I guess I want SQL...if that refers to folks that think they can accomplish both without sacrificing any part of one or the other.
Installation is something I will visit once I get all of what I need. In the meantime.. what do I buy!?!
i wouldnt do the p2's... you would not be impressed i dont think, and wouldnt get you noticed.. i'd be more than happy to help with install seeing as that i also live in NC.

i wouldnt do the p2's... you would not be impressed i dont think, and wouldnt get you noticed.. i'd be more than happy to help with install seeing as that i also live in NC.
What would I be happy with?

Well, you have a few options at your point.

The original quote is not all that bad considering what all is included and them doing the work. As I said, members here forget that 1. A shop needs to make $$ on what they sell and install 2. The first shop seems to have a decent plan of attack on the setup in question and the likely hood of the install being done right is probable.

If you want a "turn key" kind of setup and price then your original plan would be idea. The only thing I would change would be the enclosure so that you can get something custom for your application.

If you do want to spend money on the best and try to install it on your own we are all here to help the best we can.

Well, you have a few options at your point.
The original quote is not all that bad considering what all is included and them doing the work. As I said, members here forget that 1. A shop needs to make $$ on what they sell and install 2. The first shop seems to have a decent plan of attack on the setup in question and the likely hood of the install being done right is probable.

If you want a "turn key" kind of setup and price then your original plan would be idea. The only thing I would change would be the enclosure so that you can get something custom for your application.

If you do want to spend money on the best and try to install it on your own we are all here to help the best we can.
Thanks. That makes sense. Only problem here is that most everyone here says Memphis is not that good compared to other subs/amps.. The shop only has these name brands rather than some of the links and unknown "brands" are unknown to the shops that I talk to. They are Rockford, Kenwood, Pioneer, Memphis.. whatever.. from the looks of what everyone is suggesting.. these "other" amps and subs.. are unknown to the shop and to me.. furthermore, the shops are funny on installing brand they dont carry.

ONTOP OF THAT... all this jazz on batteries, alt's, power issues (lights dimming, etc) is all new to me and kinda scary in the same breath.. because I don't know what I'm dealing with.. or what to expect in the future. It can't be this hard to come up with a booming system...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.