making a sealed speaker box have ?

Gksportster

CarAudio.com Newbie
Wa
hello i have to make a weard speaker box for my 1938 oldsmobile business coupe.
its going to be one 12 " alpine r-w 12d4 and im fighting for space to fit everything in the space i have what i have in the space right now is a box i cut in half was 2 sub woofer box slanted both sides its 17' on the bottom and top is 9 1/2" and its 14 1/2" tall equal slopes both sides that fits my space good for it but now i added air ride and i have a storage tank now and the only space to put it is where my speaker its 2' 6" long and is 8 " tall so my thanking is that i mount the tank and make a 9 1/2" x9 1/2" notch for the tank.

but now im having a hard time trying to figure out the volume of space needed for the speaker i can go wider and i figured taller up to 18 1/2" tall and i would have 4 " top out side dimensions im thaking of somthing like this ...
thank you kelly
Screenshot (10).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    408.8 KB · Views: 164
Thank you my problem is doing the math correctly
I do not think you will need to make such an odd box. Build the box bottom 8"x22". Top 6"x22". Back 14.5"x22". Front 14.75"x22". (Sides 6.5"bottom, 4.5"top, 13" height). If sub does not sit flush, add a spacer or cut behind magnet and add a cap.
These dimensions already take into account the sub's displacement.

I have to build such a odd box because only place I can hide my air tank for my air ride is where I have to mount the sub box so it has to mount under it.
that's why I have to have the 9 1/2”x 9 1/2” out of the box full length of the box.
if I did my numbers right a 20 1/2 width inside dimensions for the width

Yes I have to not enough room for a ported or slotted box.
that’s why I put in the header was .
Making a sealed box have ?
Thank you for your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.