2 Kinetik 1200 AGM Batteries

2 Crescendo Neo's 6.5

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

2 D-250x Horns

Stock Alternator

Stock Battery Under Hood

NO Big 3

Running majority 0 gauge

Ive been playing this system for about 5 months now since i upgraded from 2 12's. I initially only had it hooked up to the 2 Crescendo F-34HP Batteries and my voltage would stay roughly 11.6 or higher when playing at full blast. When i added the 2 kinetiks it stayed 12v or higher when playing at full blast. I have an AGM battery charger that i dont use to often because everytime i would hook up to charge it, the system would always read above 90% charged. I did realize that overtime i felt the voltage would drop a little more than it used to but recently the voltage drops tremendously (9.8v-11v) constantly only turning up the subwoofer at 1/2 power. Also, when i start the car with all the batteries hooked up with the Sub/Speaker amp both turned on, the volt meter jumps to 10 then to 11 and climbs up slowly. Driving with no music playing im at about 12v. Unplugged the Sub amp and my volts dont drop nearly as bad "maybe .5" when i start the car but then slowly climbs backs up to 12.6-13.2v playing music just off the speaker amp "only if the power from the sub amp is pulled out regardless of playing". I thought my alternator was bad but the reading at advanced autoparts said it was still good, and my car kept running after disconnecting the front batter positive terminal. One thing i will note is my alternator stays 13.4v idle and roughly 13.7 while reving my RPM's. Possibly pushing less amp's then before from stressing out the alternator? Anyway i disconnected all my batteries thinking they still might be dead but they all charged rather quickly "over 90% charge before i put on the battery charger". Could it be that one of the cells are bad in one of my batteries, or that the alternator is still working but not putting out as many amps as before, or even both? I NEED SOME SORT OF EXPLAINATION. Like i said before, ive been playing my sub for months fine before my volts started dropping in the 9's. HELP PLEASE

Buy a battery load tester should be about $35 it will give the battery a 100amp load to see what it does.I have had batteries that will charge to 13.8v but as soon as a load is applied drop to 8v this will damage other batteries if not removed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.