mah auto. 56k watchout

thanks

manual 5 speed is crap, the 4 speed auto can hold more psi from turbo's. it is built stronger.

having a running car vs driving into a river. try again.

exactly

not fun when your paying for a new manual tranny.
hey boss, why the **** are you buying a manual transmission now after spending a few pages telling us how much the manual *****?

If you werent such a douchebag I'd just let it slide. Did your parents buy that car for you?

hey boss, why the **** are you buying a manual transmission now after spending a few pages telling us how much the manual *****?

If you werent such a douchebag I'd just let it slide. Did your parents buy that car for you?
this!

He's getting a 6 speed w/ more stout gears in it.

Granted if he wanted to do a manual swap in the future anyways i don't see why he wouldn't just buy a 5 speed and put better parts in that instead of doing a full swap. I mean unless ur planning on doing sum really extreme power numbers and beating(racing, autoX, etc) on the car i don't see why you'd need a fully built 6 speed.

Personally i'd find a used 5 speed WRX tranny and replace the entire internals. That can be done for WAY less than $9k.

Reading comprehension fail. Go directly to jail, do not collect e-points.

Granted if he wanted to do a manual swap in the future anyways i don't see why he wouldn't just buy a 5 speed and put better parts in that instead of doing a full swap. I mean unless ur planning on doing sum really extreme power numbers and beating(racing, autoX, etc) on the car i don't see why you'd need a fully built 6 speed.

Personally i'd find a used 5 speed WRX tranny and replace the entire internals. That can be done for WAY less than $9k.
If you're going to swap out... why WOULDNT you get the 6-speed? A stock WRX 5-speed is weaker than the 6... and if he's upgrading the 6 even more... then its probably going to be bulletproof. Only qualms I have about it is the price. I think it can be done cheaper.

hey boss, go **** yourself, learn to read.

dont encourage him ***.

yes i plan on building this car up and using it as just a autocross/track car in a few years when i get a second car.

Reading comprehension fail. Go directly to jail, do not collect e-points.
If you're going to swap out... why WOULDNT you get the 6-speed? A stock WRX 5-speed is weaker than the 6... and if he's upgrading the 6 even more... then its probably going to be bulletproof. Only qualms I have about it is the price. I think it can be done cheaper.
exactly. it can be done cheaper, im just going by what i have heard other people say that have done the swap.

OP - your being a whiney *****. You have an automatic. I have an automatic. I cant drive a manual and i dont care. You say your auto is stronger than the 5 speed and thats cool. You dont need to defind yourself. Its a nice car. I like the WRX.

Second. Isnt there a lot more in a auto to manual swap than just the tranny itself. Like hole in the floor, new drivetrain parts like driveshafts and **** and stuff like that. I dont know much about it which is why im asking so dont be a smartass if you can answer this.

And everyone else - why hate. Sure he bashed manuals and wants to put one in it later. sure he is being a whiney *****. why waste your time on it. no matter what tranny is in it you know its still a pretty nice car.

Second. Isnt there a lot more in a auto to manual swap than just the tranny itself. Like hole in the floor, new drivetrain parts like driveshafts and **** and stuff like that. I dont know much about it which is why im asking so dont be a smartass if you can answer this.
Auto to manual swaps are pretty easy, actually, since most cars these days are made from the factory to be either auto or manual. Clutch and brake pedals are bolt in. Depending on the size difference between the 6spd and the auto, you may or may not need other components such as driveshafts, etc.

OP - your being a whiney *****. You have an automatic. I have an automatic. I cant drive a manual and i dont care. You say your auto is stronger than the 5 speed and thats cool. You dont need to defind yourself. Its a nice car. I like the WRX.

And everyone else - why hate. Sure he bashed manuals and wants to put one in it later. sure he is being a whiney *****. why waste your time on it. no matter what tranny is in it you know its still a pretty nice car.

1. how am i being whiney? cause people dont know the strengths and weaknesses of the 2 diff transmissions, and then when i try to tell them they spaz?

2. no the wrx's come with everything all ready cut, they just put like carpet and plugs over the unused holes from what i have seen.

all the is changed really is the transmission, drivetrain is the same cause all subarus have the same allwheel drive system, for the most part.

im not bashing manuals, the only reason i didnt get a manual is cause im in the city all the time, and the fact that i found an automatic with 48k miles on it for 14k and i couldnt find a 5 speed manual with less than 60k-65k on it for less than 14k.

the 5 speeds with more miles were more expensive than the one i found.

no one seems to want to understand that.

Seem whiney to me... Maybe sum of the people discussing the strengths/weaknesses of the trannys were misinformed, or maybe you were misinformed. You know you could be wrong on sum aspects of what you're talking about. I doubt that you're the end all person when it comes to strengths/weaknesses of WRX trannys and you should be more open to listen to peoples opinions here.

Seem whiney to me... Maybe sum of the people discussing the strengths/weaknesses of the trannys were misinformed, or maybe you were misinformed. You know you could be wrong on sum aspects of what you're talking about. I doubt that you're the end all person when it comes to strengths/weaknesses of WRX trannys and you should be more open to listen to peoples opinions here.
im not saying i know everything, but soon as i said 1 thing about the auto being stronger than the 5 speed, i got attacked by like 4 diff dicks that clearly know nothing about subarus/transmissions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.