Magnet size

It means very little. Yes the larger 'supersubs' tend to have larger motors, but simply comparing magnet sizes tells you little to nothing when dealing with real-world performance.

To elaborate more on this, a larger magnet will not do you any good if it can't be utilized by the overall motor design and, if done improperly, can actually hurt performance.
So how can you tell if will be better or not? I am looking These two Power Acoustik. Unless I can get a similar "better" sub for around the same price.

They are both 15in dual 4ohm, with 1000 watts rms, but one has the 250oz, and one has the 160oz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Id seal the bolt hole up with Silicone and maybe look into placing some Poly Fill inside the Plastic enclosure and mount the new sub and run it...
Technically this probably can be repaired but working with magnets like that isn't really a DIY job and I can't see how you could get them on and...
Glad they stepped up and replaced it! I honestly would have thought it was super petty if they didn’t just swap it out for you still being under...
1/2 inch slugs? That would give you the same ferrite as a double stack 3/4 slug that most people use.
Could not tell you, but you may want to start by going to crutchfield and get a consensus on the 7 or so replacements they recommend. That average...

About this thread

miker

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
miker
Wayzata, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date