Magna *** Laude Build

i finally just manned up and did the crossovers when focused they are not hard at all. i dont know why i had such a probl;em with them. unfortunately my receiver keeps saying overload? I dont know why. but the dmm i used says that the ohm is 7 which i don't know how that could be? anyways pics are uploading.

i finally just manned up and did the crossovers when focused they are not hard at all. i dont know why i had such a probl;em with them. unfortunately my receiver keeps saying overload? I dont know why. but the dmm i used says that the ohm is 7 which i don't know how that could be? anyways pics are uploading.
Your DMM is measuring resistance at rest. Your nominal should be 8, however your receiver is saying there is a short somewhere. HMMMM

Sorry no pics of the xovers i forgot my camera when i was building them will get pics of them if i have to open it up which it looks like im gonna have to do.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Post a pic of the x-over, I think I know what you did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Aight ima check on bose's thread real quick since you cluster****ed that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Unfortunately mike I cannot see the error. The layout is too confusing, I'm sorry. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Perhaps someone else can help.

Got the other one hooked up and the same **** thing overload comes up. I have checked my wiring and everything. Could these be drawing to much power?

Sounds like you have bypassed a capacitor to ground or something. DCR will show impedance but a A/C signal will act like a short.

Clean up your wiring and trace everything out to make sure.

Sounds like you have bypassed a capacitor to ground or something. DCR will show impedance but a A/C signal will act like a short.
Clean up your wiring and trace everything out to make sure.
That is exactly what I told him yesterday, as there was no negative wiring to the high pass cap. I have done the same many times in 3-way designs.
With that said michael, Ima look at the pics again. You take that new pic like I asked?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.