M7 set screw

Participant count
  • Participants list
Fastenal.
they dont have em either 😕

no m7.jpg

You have an odd ball. Try mutual screw or harbor freight after that idk.
yeah, its an Xtant A series. All its missing is the set screw for + or - the screw i have is in the - but theyre obviously the same. I took it to ace and they had a screw sizing thing on the wall that you put your screws in to see what size they are, and its an M7 narrow thread. Didnt think it would be this much of a PITA to get a replacement 😕

yeah, its an Xtant A series. All its missing is the set screw for + or - the screw i have is in the - but theyre obviously the same. I took it to ace and they had a screw sizing thing on the wall that you put your screws in to see what size they are, and its an M7 narrow thread. Didnt think it would be this much of a PITA to get a replacement 😕
You maybe screwed. Doubt harbor freight has any. Mutual screw maybe. Mutual screw sounds like a nickname we had for a girl in high school. 

I figured if anyone would have it it would be fastenal. They're my go to if I can't get it at the hardware store 

Try McMaster-Carr

Edit: they have m7 coarse thread, however there is an m8 fine thread. Maybe re tap the threads for the m8 fine?
might have to do that. i drilled the M7 out anyways, but i know an M7 still fits because i took the other M7 out and it threads in just fine. Nice and tight. Id hate to retap it if i dont have to, ya feel me mayne?

It ***** doesn't it OP?

just finding a set screw is a real chore.

Try finding a service manual or schematic. Even voltage check points or talk to a tech about something

Not gonna happen..

No wonder this industry is dead.

The only place is....wait for it: China!

Made in the USA!!

YA sure it is uh huh. wheres those parts then?

These companies dont even answer phones or emails.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gold+set+screw+grub+aliexpress&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLzL2G5ObfAhWO11QKHWzkAoEQ_AUIBQ

Last edited by a moderator:
It ***** doesn't it OP?

just finding a set screw is a real chore.

Try finding a service manual or schematic. Even voltage check points or talk to a tech about something

Not gonna happen..

No wonder this industry is dead.

The only place is....wait for it: China!

Made in the USA!!

YA sure it is uh huh. wheres those parts then?

These companies dont even answer phones or emails.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gold+set+screw+grub+aliexpress&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLzL2G5ObfAhWO11QKHWzkAoEQ_AUIBQ
yeah... i called a local fastenal earlier today and the guy damn near laughed at me when i asked for an M7 set screw. He referred to it as illusive and wished me good luck. I asked about any ideas he might have and he suggested dying the hole to fit an M8

what I found is "M" is the diameter or width.

M7 is 7mm wide thread M7 10mm is 10mm long.

This is new to me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/200pcs-Stainless-Steel-Allen-Head-Socket-Hex-Grub-Screw-Multi-size-Socket-Head-Set-M1-M2/32919637970.html

that kit has 7mm but only 4mm long

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/240pcs-Black-Allen-Head-Socket-Hex-Grub-Screw-Set-Assortment-Kit-M1-2-3-4-5/32919629999.html

that 1 has 7mm but the  x 6 x 3mm I have no clue what that means.

I'm trying to find the same thing but for the speaker wires. I think they are 4mm

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.