LTO bank vs LiFeP04 for daily system

20220502_170551.jpg

Honestly, I think I'm going to go for the Super Beast battery. For the price I get 96ah and I only need to buy a balancer/BMS and a voltage display. 80ah of yinlong would be around 550 for a 5s or 650 for a 6s, and I'm dealing with battery delete or regulation. The only real downside is the shape, but thats not a killer. If it does ship with the 12v isolator I'm in an even better spot to keep my AGM up front.

Matt

OK, quick maths. I still need to find a different case for the superbeast cells. And price bars/case for the yinlong

96ah of headway is 359 shipped to me, plus 30 for a balancer, plus 15 for a voltage display, plus sbout 30 for some terminals. So about 430 for 96AH of capacity.

80ah of yinlong cells would be 500, plus 30 for a balancer, 15 for a volt display, plus whatever it costs for bars and case. This is for a 5s pack that should be fine up to 14v, but I would also need to regulate my alt down to make sure it's not killing cells. Should be an extra 15 bux or so for the harness.

LTO is the better cell hands down. But I'm finding it hard to justify spending 200+ more for less AH. I can keep my stock electrical as-is, and add a second 96ah bank down the line behind the passenger seat if I want to delete my AGM.

Before I click the order button, does anyone have final thoughts? I can't see getting a better value for my money than the superbeast pack. I may be leaving a little performance on the table by going LiFeP04, but as we have already covered I'm not going to be using the full 6-7k I have on tap very often, if ever.

Matt

OK, quick maths. I still need to find a different case for the superbeast cells. And price bars/case for the yinlong

96ah of headway is 359 shipped to me, plus 30 for a balancer, plus 15 for a voltage display, plus sbout 30 for some terminals. So about 430 for 96AH of capacity.

80ah of yinlong cells would be 500, plus 30 for a balancer, 15 for a volt display, plus whatever it costs for bars and case. This is for a 5s pack that should be fine up to 14v, but I would also need to regulate my alt down to make sure it's not killing cells. Should be an extra 15 bux or so for the harness.

LTO is the better cell hands down. But I'm finding it hard to justify spending 200+ more for less AH. I can keep my stock electrical as-is, and add a second 96ah bank down the line behind the passenger seat if I want to delete my AGM.

Before I click the order button, does anyone have final thoughts? I can't see getting a better value for my money than the superbeast pack. I may be leaving a little performance on the table by going LiFeP04, but as we have already covered I'm not going to be using the full 6-7k I have on tap very often, if ever.

Matt
Remember the super beast modules are wired to 24v and while you can repurpose the bars that come with the module most people buy entirely new bud bars.

The big difference is 2,000 vs 20,000 cycle life. Otherwise the 96 or whatever headway should get you about the same place for feeding amps and not taxing it too hard on charge or discharge.

Question: if he doesn't run the lifepo4 bank under the voltage threshold, would the cycle life be a factor? Also asking for me as well lol

Remember the super beast modules are wired to 24v and while you can repurpose the bars that come with the module most people buy entirely new bud bars.

I'm intending on converting it to 12v by cutting the one bar on the pack. No real reason to re-arrange the cells if it fits how it is.

The big difference is 2,000 vs 20,000 cycle life. Otherwise the 96 or whatever headway should get you about the same place for feeding amps and not taxing it too hard on charge or discharge.

Yea, I would love to go with a 5s2p yinlong pack but the cost difference is too much and there is alot of "uncertainty" about what's safe vs what's not as far as charging voltage. If I knew for a fact I could charge at 14.5 on a 5s pack and it wouldn't hurt anything, I would be fine. But one spec page says 2.8v per cell max, another says 2.9v per cell max, and going to 6s for safety increases cost as well as lowers my available capacity. LiFeP04 is just a simpler match for my car.

Matt

Yea, I would love to go with a 5s2p yinlong pack but the cost difference is too much and there is alot of "uncertainty" about what's safe vs what's not as far as charging voltage. If I knew for a fact I could charge at 14.5 on a 5s pack and it wouldn't hurt anything, I would be fine. But one spec page says 2.8v per cell max, another says 2.9v per cell max, and going to 6s for safety increases cost as well as lowers my available capacity. LiFeP04 is just a simpler match for my car.

Matt

Nobody cares what you run. People give their advice to you and then you do nothing but shitt on it. How many fukking people need to tell you that 5s is good for a 14.4v system? Go fukking buy something and run it. Run your system not your mouth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...