Which adaptor and interface is needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tbo

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've never liked the way my stereo sounds in my F150, so I decided to finally do something about it.
I'm replacing the stock 4.3" screen radio in my 2013 F150.
Here's what I've bought.
- Boss BV900ACP head unit
- iDatalink Maestro Kit-F150 with wiring harness
- JBL GTR 104 amp

But then I got conflicting advice on the adaptor to use.
Crutchfield says I need the...iDatalink ADS-MRR steering wheel control.
The place I bought the head unit from said "the ads-mrr is for idatalink compatible stereos, so for this Boss, you would want the aswc-1 or axswc steering wheel module."

Did I screw up and should have not bought the Maestro Kit-F150?

I'm not going to do the installation. I'm going to bring it to a shop. I'm sure they could tell me what to get, but I don't know what shop I'm going to bring it to yet, so I thought I'd try here first and see if there is a consensus from the experienced community.

Please let me know if there is something else I need to consider or if you have any questions.
Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...