LTO bank vs LiFeP04 for daily system

Each cell can actually hold 2.9v. You will be good up to 14.5. Are you running a 5s bank? Have you ever ran one? I'm running one 40ah 5s bank of XS Power in my truck.

You do you I will not run a 5s over 14v. Even at 2.9 a cell that would still be on the ragged edge of failure for lto. And their are several instances of the titan8 battery failing when above 14v

Xspowers uses Toshiba scibs
Toshiba doesn't post many specs but indirect you can find the 10ah has the same nominal and max cell voltages

20ah

I'd assume you are running 1 bank of 40ah yinglong with xspowers wraps.

If that's the case stop getting your info from xs power and get them from yinglong. Xs power does not make any lithium cells

You do you I will not run a 5s over 14v. Even at 2.9 a cell that would still be on the ragged edge of failure for lto. And their are several instances of the titan8 battery failing when above 14v

Xspowers uses Toshiba scibs
Toshiba doesn't post many specs but indirect you can find the 10ah has the same nominal and max cell voltages

20ah

I run cells not a Titan 8 battery.

20211127_214146.jpg

Anyway I'm done. Have at it as you want I left info all over this thread.

I'm not arguing or discussing.

Plannano, yinglong, scibs, Shengquan

All are lto all are good cells

I personally would run headway or lishen lifepo4 in the ops situation

Y'all can do what y'all want

Anyway I'm done. Have at it as you want I left info all over this thread.

I'm not arguing or discussing.

Plannano, yinglong, scibs, Shengquan

All are lto all are good cells

I personally would run headway or lishen lifepo4 in the ops situation

Y'all can do what y'all want

I was running an 18 ah of lishen before. This is my buddy's lishen setup. 120 cells.

20211127_184647.jpg

I was running an 18 ah of lishen before. This is my buddy's lishen setup. 120 cells.

View attachment 40794
Your point? Thats a nice 6s setup of lishen lto.

You want to run cells over max voltage go ahead imma do what the cell manufacturer says.

Benefit to having a pcm controlled all is I can go from 12v-15.5v with the turn of a knob. As can alot of people.

I have zero association to anyone on any of the links I have posted. Only person I know is any capacity is Milo and that's only from Facebook.

Like I said you do you.

Your point? Thats a nice 6s setup of lishen lto.

You want to run cells over max voltage go ahead imma do what the cell manufacturer says.

Benefit to having a pcm controlled all is I can go from 12v-15.5v with the turn of a knob. As can alot of people.

I have zero association to anyone on any of the links I have posted. Only person I know is any capacity is Milo and that's only from Facebook.

Like I said you do you.

Nope. The info that I was given was the max voltage per cell is 2.9v. 5 times that is 14.5v. My truck is never charging higher than that. I might add a sixth cell just to have a little more reserve. My voltage is all over the place. It will range from high 11's to 14's while playing music. IDK why. I've done everything besides getting an external voltage regulator.

Nope. The info that I was given was the max voltage per cell is 2.9v. 5 times that is 14.5v. My truck is never charging higher than that. I might add a sixth cell just to have a little more reserve. My voltage is all over the place. It will range from high 11's to 14's while playing music. IDK why. I've done everything besides getting an external voltage regulator.

6 cells will lower your reserve over 5 btw

Why would you go from 40ah at 100% charge to 40ah at 25% charge.

You don't gain reserve from running in series you gain reserve from running in parallel.

Your seeing high 11s because your bank rest at 11.5v. you don't even use you bank until the resting voltage

2.3v rest/nominal per cell × 5 cells 11.5v rest/nominal

Huh, I was unaware that you could do that. Isn't the low voltage on the 6s packs something like 13.6-13.8?
Nominal is 13.8 which is roughly where they'll rest when you get them from the factory. It's printed 2.3V right on the side of the cells. Discharge cutoff voltage is 1.5V
Idk how the chart for a 6s pack does you any good to support your 5s claim
That 16.whatever figure on a 6 pack is NOT consistent with the datasheet I got from my guy in China either, but suit yourselves.
I've seen a boat load of 5s that did perfectly fine up to 14.4v - 14.6v.
For a whole year almost I'm sure. These cells are meant to last 20-30 years. It'll be interesting to compare notes 10 years down the road with the people that try to charge these at 2.9V

Nominal is 13.8 which is roughly where they'll rest when you get them from the factory. It's printed 2.3V right on the side of the cells. Discharge cutoff voltage is 1.5V

That 16.whatever figure on a 6 pack is NOT consistent with the datasheet I got from my guy in China either, but suit yourselves.

For a whole year almost I'm sure. These cells are meant to last 20-30 years. It'll be interesting to compare notes 10 years down the road with the people that try to charge these at 2.9V

Huh, so going with 80ah and 6s would kinda be perfect then. I'm trying to keep things simple. Having a "secondary" battery circuit would be a bit of an extra complication.

I didn't get the chance to stop by the alt shop yesterday, so Monday I'll get the info.

Alright, looks like I need to sit down and make a list to figure out what's going to be the better option long-term.

Matt

**** off out of my thread Bobby. I've got you blocked and nothing you say is of any value to me.

You triggered bro? Why are you so mad? Apparently you want to play games. I'm the only one who has posted exactly how much you will be charging a 6s bank according to your voltage. Please remember that you started this ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...