lowes/home depot electrical power cable for amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ExplicitUrSelf
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
as the title what are your thoughts on doing this? what are the pros and cons on using this type of power cable to run from my engine bay battery to my rear distributor block. i curruntly have kicker flex power and 4 awg from battery to dist block and 4 awg continued to two amps.my amps sundown saz 1000.1 d and a cadance xenith series 125.2. in currently runnig my sundown at two ohm and i what to be prepared to run the amp at 1 ohm in the future. feed back would be great thanks

I doubt anyone is going to agree with me but I've used the thick industrial strand (19 strand count) 0 awg and never had a problem. I have no problem bending it but i've never needed to tie my wire into a knot like people like to show. The reason I first tried it is because I got almost 300 feet of it for free. I still use it, have it in my MR2 right now. Use it you will be fine.

I doubt anyone is going to agree with me but I've used the thick industrial strand (19 strand count) 0 awg and never had a problem. I have no problem bending it but i've never needed to tie my wire into a knot like people like to show. The reason I first tried it is because I got almost 300 feet of it for free. I still use it, have it in my MR2 right now. Use it you will be fine.
Done b4, work fine.............

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.