Low depth 6.5s

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrnItAround

im looking to replace the stock 6.5"s that ae in my kickpanels.

Im looking for a set of good speakers but i am also on a budget and dont want to spend too much.

my only problem is that there is not much mounting depth to work with.

So ill need to find some speakers that have a very shallow mounting depth. If any boyd has some suggestions please let me know.

im just looking for the lowest depth possible. and yes im coaxial because i dont want to spend over 150 bucks.
Sigh...I don't see your reasoning. But the Infinity Reference shallow versions would fit the bill...Most low end coaxials like that will be plenty shallow anyway, so I would not worry about it too much. I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.

I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.
or just go to crutchfield choose the type of car u got and see what speakers would fit and check the mounting depth of those speakers be sure to check various brands mounting depth and find the deepest one that will fit and this will give u a clue on how much space u got without measuring . tho if u measure odds are 1/4 or more of space may " magically" appear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sigh...I don't see your reasoning. But the Infinity Reference shallow versions would fit the bill...Most low end coaxials like that will be plenty shallow anyway, so I would not worry about it too much. I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.
I second this...

the infinity tweets are a little harsh but those should get the job done.

I second this...
the infinity tweets are a little harsh but those should get the job done.
Mounted off axis in a door will pretty much completely get rid of any sibilance or harshness. I think they'd be pretty good...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.