Midbass and midrange

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonJT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Jersey
Guys, I'm seriously considering using the Adire Audio Extremis 6.8 for midbass duity and the Creative Sound Solutions WR125S for the midrange. Extremis in doors, proted, (I haven't figured out proper enclosure size or tuning frequency yet though) and the WR125S in kicks. Both drivers are rated at 8ohms. if you wondering y I chose these, it's casue their used in the new Adire kits and everyone is ranting about how good they sound.

What do you guys think? I have not yet decided on a tweeter, but Adire recomends a Vifa 1 inch model (don't remember them right now).

do you really need to port a MIDbass driver? Those should rock sealed or IB....

Home audio does it all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif I've known some people who have done it in a vehicle with good success.

Home audio does it all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif I've known some people who have done it in a vehicle with good success.
yuh i cant remember the guys name he was from my area (hit all the shows i did) had a black lumina i believe with 2 pioneer old school amps. his front speakers were a 4" component set done up in a set of ported kicks that ubstructed nothing and that was purely incredible. i had a link to his car but the link died. in 97 he finished in the top 5 at finals. really makes you rethink/hash a few things.

Well, I'm not dead set on the enclosure for the extremis yet. At first, though, I probably won't even get a sub, so that will help determine enclosure type.

Sounds like a good plan. Just be sure that your kick panel enclosure will be properly sized for those mids.
I'm not too worried about that frankly. The CSS WR125S is technically a wide band wooffer. Guys at CES said that woofer was reasonably flat from about 70hz to the mid teens. A redesign of the phase plug will yeild extension right up to 20khz. I COULD use this driver for everything north of like 300-600hz (where ever the crossover point is). CSS recomends a .2 cubic foot enclosure with a 4 inch port for extension down to about 60hz in room. Mine won't be playin that low. I figure .1 cubic foot will work. I will run it by Dan wiggins though (as he designed the driver). Yay for a 5 inch midrange with 6mm of linear throw and XBL^2 technology.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.