Low Budget Subwoofer Setup?

waaaaay tl and i dont know how to read
kidding!! actually that wasnt bad at all
so, to stay in your budget, youre going to want to check out some budget stuff obviously. bigblank69 has tested tons of amps and has come up with some very surprising results regarding what amps will put out decent power on the super cheap. For instance the pioneer gm8601 puts out some good power, has a remote bass knob and seems to be reliabelbased on those who've used it. The rockford subs youre inquiring about cost more than theyre worth tho. Check out FU audio or even dayton (go to http://www.parts-express.com for the daytons), a decent wiring kit like this, a decent sub line this, and have a box built (save the dough and build it yourself and youll be within budget and blast some bass. and im suggesting one sub as one decent sub in the right box with good power will do better than 2 12"s in a prefab

also, may want to get a signature set up with your stuff listed once you get your gear, helps us out immensely

snicker snicker!! when r u 2 getting married? HAHAHAHAHA!!!
yeah and u recd 1/2 of what i did lets see if he call u names now..

How’s your box building skills? You can save some money and have better box if you build it over buying a prefab. Also less mayyy be more with that budget you don’t have any money for electrical upgrades.
If I had $500 and 2015 Corolla I’d do lil sumn sumn like dis:

Audiocontrol lc2i -$65

Soundqubed s1 850.1 -$150

4 gauge OFC kit (or peice a kit together) - $50

Either 2 sundown e 10’s (discontinued but still available) or 1 sa12 -$200

1 sheet of 3/4 mdf titebond and misc for build your own box -$35

Total =$500
Why the sq when the pioneer does more power for cheaper

Why the sq when the pioneer does more power for cheaper
Pioneer makes decent stuff but me personally have had bad luck with house brands like pioneer jvc kenwood amps. There’s a ton of amps and subs he could choose from. Basically just have to be deligent enough to look for sales

How’s your box building skills? You can save some money and have better box if you build it over buying a prefab. Also less mayyy be more with that budget you don’t have any money for electrical upgrades.
If I had $500 and 2015 Corolla I’d do lil sumn sumn like dis:

Audiocontrol lc2i -$65

Soundqubed s1 850.1 -$150

4 gauge OFC kit (or peice a kit together) - $50

Either 2 sundown e 10’s (discontinued but still available) or 1 sa12 -$200

1 sheet of 3/4 mdf titebond and misc for build your own box -$35

Total =$500
Before I had a full time job I did something similar to this and it worked well. Ran the soundqubed 750.1 (before it was discontinued) with a single sundown E12 in a custom enclosure and it was solid.
If I had done dual E10s or a single SA 12 like you mentioned then it probably would of been enough to where I wouldn't have upgraded to what I have now

Before I had a full time job I did something similar to this and it worked well. Ran the soundqubed 750.1 (before it was discontinued) with a single sundown E12 in a custom enclosure and it was solid.
If I had done dual E10s or a single SA 12 like you mentioned then it probably would of been enough to where I wouldn't have upgraded to what I have now
Ya if you’re not trying blow th doors off $500 is a ok budget.

And to OP my wife’s car is a 2015 Corolla S it has the touchscreen and “premium” sound. It actually has decent tweeters and gets loud and stays clear BUT like you said it has absolutely no bass I’ve messed with the setting til I’m blue in the face and that car has no bass.

A few months ago I put a lil bass in it even tho she gives no effs about bass she listens to country music...

I ran 8 gauge OFC, a cheap *** schosche loc90 (not my car so I ain’t spending money on it!) an alpine mrp350 and a mint condition original JL w3 10” in a 1 cu ft ported box. She didn’t even know it was in there until she went shoe shopping because I keep the bass knob off.

Pioneer makes decent stuff but me personally have had bad luck with house brands like pioneer jvc kenwood amps. There’s a ton of amps and subs he could choose from. Basically just have to be deligent enough to look for sales
Honestly, he might consider the Wolfram, have tons of headroom, be able to keep the gain super low and have miles of unclipped signal

Ya if you’re not trying blow th doors off $500 is a ok budget.
And to OP my wife’s car is a 2015 Corolla S it has the touchscreen and “premium” sound. It actually has decent tweeters and gets loud and stays clear BUT like you said it has absolutely no bass I’ve messed with the setting til I’m blue in the face and that car has no bass.

A few months ago I put a lil bass in it even tho she gives no effs about bass she listens to country music...

I ran 8 gauge OFC, a cheap *** schosche loc90 (not my car so I ain’t spending money on it!) an alpine mrp350 and a mint condition original JL w3 10” in a 1 cu ft ported box. She didn’t even know it was in there until she went shoe shopping because I keep the bass knob off.
In my old 03 Maxima, I went to a salvage yard and cut apart a stock sub for the harness, found the audio signal leads and remote turn on with a dmm, crimped on some wires for a single rca and remote turn on. Ran power and ground and it worked like a charm. Couldn't have been an easier install and it sounded good af! Stock blows, oops, Bose for the rest of it. I was happy with it for several years. Single rf he2 12" ran off a ppi pc250. It wasn't "loud", but it was ample and smooth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.