Low Budget Subwoofer Setup?

I've been on here probably almost a year flying mostly under the radar using the site for a learning tool. Gramps you've been told time and time again about the majority of your advice being bad or incorrect. You are relentless I'll give ya that.

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen you type like mine I could take a few unpaid days off. Some times I feel sorry for you (mostly because of your front stage) but you bring it on yourself.

Op that prime amp isn't like mine but they're decent amps. Whatever your goals are I don't seeing those subs being your best option.

Not to high Jack the thread kinda has been a bit already but op hasn't responded. I'm on my 5th box build in the last few months. Stated out with a circle saw and a jig saw. A table saw router and several clamps latter the builds have improved. I went to post pics of the last box I put together. When I went to post with pics i kept getting I'm not authorized?

You dont even bother to ask about and understand peoples listening needs. You just blurt out the cheap crap you run and talk it up like its the best thing out there. You are extremely self centered and every thread you post in ends up being about your poverty budget equipment. Experienced members on here constantly chastise you for doing so but you are too ignorant to understand it. You get bullied because you constantly butt in to discussions way out of your experience level. You'll stop getting bullied when you know your place and quit making everything about your basic bitch setup.
last new guy i asked what car and all and u still insulted me for no reason so stop ating like u have a reason.. also nothing wrong with what i recommended for budget set up he's looking at $150 mtx subs he ain't wanting to hear about 1 sub thats $200 that u think is ok., and i recd pioneer amps that have been recd by many peps here even jeff.. and for him to get good box and wire

"I need more bass" isn't going to get many responses. You never responded if you're using the stock hu or going am. Kind of a big variable with your budget. Are you able to build your own box? Are you going to update the oem speakers, and if so, using the HU or a 4 channel for power?

You're not getting responses because your question is too vague to answer with anything useful.

But to answer your ? as is-2 fu audio 300's, and pm the guy on here who does amp dyno's(Ryan?), he'll sell you a 1kish amp for appr 100-150 depending on what he's dynoed lately. Or research some of his youtube vids and buy one that performs well. There, bass under 500 bucks.

I've been on here probably almost a year flying mostly under the radar using the site for a learning tool. Gramps you've been told time and time again about the majority of your advice being bad or incorrect. You are relentless I'll give ya that.
If I had a dollar for every time I've seen you type like mine I could take a few unpaid days off. Some times I feel sorry for you (mostly because of your front stage) but you bring it on yourself.

Op that prime amp isn't like mine but they're decent amps. Whatever your goals are I don't seeing those subs being your best option.

Not to high Jack the thread kinda has been a bit already but op hasn't responded. I'm on my 5th box build in the last few months. Stated out with a circle saw and a jig saw. A table saw router and several clamps latter the builds have improved. I went to post pics of the last box I put together. When I went to post with pics i kept getting I'm not authorized?
He's learned a lot recently. Several months ago he was pretty bad, but now he's got enough knowledge to help out the people who no one else will respond to.

Just Gramps... took a big 3 upgrade on his pov and turned it into quite a thread... not the 1st time either.

Oh well... he's "Boomingrandpa" ... itchy post finger or something.

As far as bass for under $500 goes... lotsa ways to get there but the OP ought to get a little more specific.... signal?.. h*ll vehicle... lol

Lotsa info missing there for any useful advice...

use imgur (see i helped u)

Do the exact opposite of what gramps says
Kind of like when Costanza when against his natural instinct.... Maybe Gramps would be a World Champ then
JK

How’s your box building skills? You can save some money and have better box if you build it over buying a prefab. Also less mayyy be more with that budget you don’t have any money for electrical upgrades.

If I had $500 and 2015 Corolla I’d do lil sumn sumn like dis:

Audiocontrol lc2i -$65

Soundqubed s1 850.1 -$150

4 gauge OFC kit (or peice a kit together) - $50

Either 2 sundown e 10’s (discontinued but still available) or 1 sa12 -$200

1 sheet of 3/4 mdf titebond and misc for build your own box -$35

Total =$500

How’s your box building skills? You can save some money and have better box if you build it over buying a prefab. Also less mayyy be more with that budget you don’t have any money for electrical upgrades.
If I had $500 and 2015 Corolla I’d do lil sumn sumn like dis:

Audiocontrol lc2i -$65

Soundqubed s1 850.1 -$150

4 gauge OFC kit (or peice a kit together) - $50

Either 2 sundown e 10’s (discontinued but still available) or 1 sa12 -$200

1 sheet of 3/4 mdf titebond and misc for build your own box -$35

Total =$500
i recd those new sq to death but now some people complaining about S amps messing up.. i'd do the pioneer 8601 or jbl gtx500 instead good set up if bstock E's are in stock 12's are out but i know they have 15's., oh 1 15 on 800rms nice..

Hopefully this is a good place to ask this question. Sorry if I'm mistaken! This is my first post/time being here.
I have a 2015 Corolla and the sound is terrible. I love bass and it has none, lol. I've decided I want to start off with some subs of course.

I don't have much knowledge on the topic, so sorry about that.

I have roughly $500, give or take. Can any recommend a setup that includes everything I'll need? I was looking into dual Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12's, but I couldn't put together a setup that'd stay into my budget.

My second option I put together was a pair of cheaper subs, these MTX's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

paired with this sub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BF6HYDE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

but I've looked up videos of similar setups, and the MTX's just don't seem very loud.

Sorry for the long thread, I really appreciate any help you guys can throw at me. Sorry for my first post being one asking for so much as well.

tl;dr: $500~ sub setup for a 2015 corolla?
waaaaay tl and i dont know how to read
kidding!! actually that wasnt bad at all

so, to stay in your budget, youre going to want to check out some budget stuff obviously. bigblank69 has tested tons of amps and has come up with some very surprising results regarding what amps will put out decent power on the super cheap. For instance the pioneer gm8601 puts out some good power, has a remote bass knob and seems to be reliabelbased on those who've used it. The rockford subs youre inquiring about cost more than theyre worth tho. Check out FU audio or even dayton (go to http://www.parts-express.com for the daytons), a decent wiring kit like this, a decent sub line this, and have a box built (save the dough and build it yourself and youll be within budget and blast some bass. and im suggesting one sub as one decent sub in the right box with good power will do better than 2 12"s in a prefab

also, may want to get a signature set up with your stuff listed once you get your gear, helps us out immensely

Do the exact opposite of what gramps says
snicker snicker!! when r u 2 getting married? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.