Louder than type r's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pyroom

Canada
I was born with profound hearing loss, and I'm looking for a setup that will help me "feel" the music more. I have some hearing, but definitely nothing over 1,000hz.

I have a 1990 Honda CRX 2 seater with 4 type-r coaxial speakers driven by a MRX-F65 amp. The doors have several layers of Dynamat sealing them, and the rears are a non-ported enclosure in between the two seats right behind the ebrake (I have a custom sealed "wall" with several layers of dynamat - similar to the attached picture). I also have 2 type-r subs that completely overwhelm everything and are usually turned way down (my friends seem to like them turned up).

What can more can I do for a few grand that will make a reasonable difference? I was thinking of getting rid of my subs and adding 4 more Power Acoustik 6x9's along the bottom of the wall behind the seats. I'm trying to avoid the work involved in custom fiberglass enclosures, but I'm not opposed to it.

focus more on the front stage ,change the alpines out for some components preferably a 3 way set and then bridge the 4 channels on the amp for more power to the front stage.my front stage keeps up with my 3000 watt rms amp and 2 10's in a ported box under my rear seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.