Loud on head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonBoy
10+ year member

Ok, I tried to figure this out once before but failed to do so. I have a JVC 780 head unit and a JBL 600.1 powering a Alpine R. The bass from the sub is nice, but my speakers are lacking now that I am not using my loud option. When I turn it on they sound better, but the bass get REALLY loud and I have to turn it down to negative on my head unit to blend it.

Should I use the loud or not? Will it **** anything up?

loudness is bad unless u only listen at a low volume all the time because it boosts the bass that your speakers focous on and it will make them distort

if you have an amp on them get a bigger one or if you have them amped of the h/u get a little 4 channel about 50 rms or more and run it high pass to eliminate bass frequencies

or just turn down the bass on your amp running your sub until things even out. you can still turn it up for comps and stuff but it will sound better if things are matched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.