loss of power

Participant count
  • Participant list
My theories: I'm not real familiar with the wiring of the AUX power that you are using, but you may have a wire hooked up wrong or a short with the brake light wire. When you apply your brakes a stop lamp switch is activated. If there is a wire cross or short within your break wiring then you may lose power whenever that switch is activated. Try applying light pressure to your breaks and watch for power loss. You may even want to have a friend apply the breaks while you check for voltage at the amplifier with a multimeter. Another possibility is that your alternator is on the verge of dying and cannot supply the power to both your break lamps and your amplifier so your stereo suffers. Another possibility is that there is a loose power or ground wire somewhere which shifts any time you attempt to stop your vehicle. Another possibility is that there just isn't enough power flow for your amp. When you say AUX power, the only thing I can think of is your AUX RCA out puts. Is your amp wired directly from the battery? If not then do so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.