Loss of bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gooch89

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, having an issue with my audio in my 2006 wrx. I have sound deadened my 4 doors and boot(trunk). Installed jbl gto splits front (6.5") and rear (5.25"), powered by a 1000w pioneer amp(have correctly set gain). I also have a 10" kicker sub on its own amp. The headunit is a grundig. Now the issue I have is, when driving I loose a considerable amount of bass. If I lean forward and down to where my steering wheel is whilst driving I can hear the same bass heard whilst stationary. What am I missing here? Why can't I hear my bass in the correct seating position.

Hi guys, having an issue with my audio in my 2006 wrx. I have sound deadened my 4 doors and boot(trunk). Installed jbl gto splits front (6.5") and rear (5.25"), powered by a 1000w pioneer amp(have correctly set gain). I also have a 10" kicker sub on its own amp. The headunit is a grundig. Now the issue I have is, when driving I loose a considerable amount of bass. If I lean forward and down to where my steering wheel is whilst driving I can hear the same bass heard whilst stationary. What am I missing here? Why can't I hear my bass in the correct seating position.
Not loud enough lol

Update, spent some time messing around and set the time delay for the subwoofer to a much longer amount. Also inverted the phase of the woofer. Bass is has improved by a great amount. It appears that the sub was cancelling out the door speakers bass.

Update, spent some time messing around and set the time delay for the subwoofer to a much longer amount. Also inverted the phase of the woofer. Bass is has improved by a great amount. It appears that the sub was cancelling out the door speakers bass.
At least you found a way to get more out of it. What type of enclosure? Sealed or ported? If ported.. what is it tuned to? Which Kicker 10" sub are you using . Are you running a 1 ohm or 2 ohm final load? I know that C10 SCV 4 are prob kind of old, and may not have changed much. But back in the past, I put 4 Kicker C-10s in a 3.6 sealed enclosure on an old Autotek Mean Machine 66HC in a cousins 78 single cab Chevy truck and they Slammed!!

At least you found a way to get more out of it. What type of enclosure? Sealed or ported? If ported.. what is it tuned to? Which Kicker 10" sub are you using . Are you running a 1 ohm or 2 ohm final load? I know that C10 SCV 4 are prob kind of old, and may not have changed much. But back in the past, I put 4 Kicker C-10s in a 3.6 sealed enclosure on an old Autotek Mean Machine 66HC in a cousins 78 single cab Chevy truck and they Slammed!!
It's one of these bad boys. Comes as a package. I believe it's a ported box.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512_154021_Samsung Internet~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230512_154021_Samsung Internet~2.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 21
It's one of these bad boys. Comes as a package. I believe it's a ported box.
This is only a 150 rms sub. I havent found what it is tuned to. I would recommend looking at a mininum of a 600 rms sub up to 1k rms @ either 1 or 2 ohm and an amplifier to match with a ported enclosure tuned from 32-35 htz with sub and port facing rear of trunk which generally yields great result for trunk placement. Others may chime in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...