Car Audio... Advice Strongly Needed...

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

I'm new in to the field of car audio, and I was hoping that I could get advice from this site... I'm getting a 1990 Mercedes-Benz 350SDL in a month, and all I want to do with it is to add a nice and loud stereo system. I recently bought a pair of 12" Bazooka EL1204 for $140 and a MTX Sealed Enclosure for $60. These is my dream audio equipment I'm going to save up to and purchase in the next month or two:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-7878 *$450

Amplifier: Alpine Alpine MRVT757 *$450

Subwoofers: (2) Alpine 12" SWR1240D *$300

So I hear that Alpine is top of the line in the audio industry, is that true? The asterous is the prices I found cheap right now. I don't know much about car audio, but can someone tell me what I should get and save some money on. I want top of the line stuff that I could afford. I'm willing to spend $500 (Head Unit), $500 (Amp), and $400 (2 Subwoofers). Please send me any advice you have to adamliew@hotmail.com Or if any of you have these products that I want to purchase, give me your opinion on it. Thanks~!

To be quite honest, some of THE BEST subs you could buy for $400 would be DD(Digital Designs) 3512's. if you port them, tune them low, they will whoop just about anythings ass for $400. go to http://www.ddaudio.com also, check out http://www.termpro.com and ask them what they think about the DD 3512 series. two of em should be around $448-450 shipping included. and you could buy a JBL bp1200.1 amp and win competitions left and right. that amp should cost no more than $320.

I need more advice on what type of head unit, amplifier, and subwoofers are the best. I want to make heads turn as I drive down the street. Not so much for being silent. I heard that Audiobahn is best for Subs, Alpine for head units, and mtx for amps... Any advice? Still new, so i don't understand all the technical stuff, please help and e-mail me... adamliew@hotmail.com Thanks Guyz

digital designs blows audiobahn clean out the water. that isnt even funny. audiobahn is "cheaper stuff" all show and medium go. digital designs are good looking and take your head off.. but as far as sq too me they leave a little to be desired....amp wise memphis,jbl, rockford, mtx,mmats,usamps, jl audio, zapco, crossfire..... any from this list is an excellent class d... headunits....alpine,panisonic kenwood excelon, pioneer premier, sony mobile es(would be last yr models) clarion, jvc digifine all make great stuff........ oooo eclipse too hehehe

Ask all your buddies how they get thier cd's to unload out of those Fine alpines? I've had 3 different alpine units and they took every one of them back because the jun, oh, I'm sorry, THE JUNK HU KEPT EATING MY DISCS.

I went to JVC about 5years ago and havn't lost a disc yet... my.02.

alpine has had it's ups and downs...........but all in all very good but like i said previously the other brands make great stuff too and is shameful that some people dont give them consideration because "they are not cool brands"

also i have heard about 3 or 4 differnt alpine cd players in friends cars and i have yet to hear one that doesnt make an aweful sounds from the speakers whenever you skip to the next track.

Originally posted by EPanther99 also i have heard about 3 or 4 differnt alpine cd players in friends cars and i have yet to hear one that doesnt make an aweful sounds from the speakers whenever you skip to the next track.
So you've had some bad experience with Alpine. EVERY company puts out products where some turn out faulty. I have owned Alpine HU's and have installed them in friends and family vehicles. I have never had a problem with Alpine. To Unregistered: Alpine is one of the industry leaders in head units as well as the companies mentioned by Audiolife. Alpine has an excellent reputaion among most car audio enthusiasts. Just because one person has had poor experience or were disatisfied with their performance you should not let that discourage you. I have had horrible experiences with JVC HU's but I won't discourage other poeple from using their products because I believe that they are still a decent company.

As for the amps...Alpine is good there too. Audiolife layed down the line of other good amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.