total power loss

Participant count
  • Participants list

Stewie63

CarAudio.com Newbie
Help here I'm at my wits end! I have a 14 Jeep Wrangler that I had a shop install my Boss BV9384NV head unit. It was installed with the correct Crux CR-26 harness to factory connection. Several times after the vehicle has been shut off the head unit will not power on upon restart. In order to get it to work once again I have to pull the dash apart unclip the crux harness and clip it back together again. It then works for a while. So things that I have checked: Fuses all good, Battery voltage good at Yellow and Red wires more than 12volts, Ground good as well all checked with my multimeter. So I just downloaded the Crux Flasher and flashed the box last Saturday because Crux said it would fix this issue. Well obviously it did not fix it. I lose memory and all functions. I am probably going to bypass the yellow and Red wires and go a different route as that's all I can think to try at this point. Anyone have a better answer?

I am probably going to bypass the yellow and Red wires
This should solve it if old radio had no issues. Only feature I could think of is the anti-theft, but that is programmed into the OEM radio, not in the ECU. Another thing that I thought of was the screen radio's hand brake safety feature. To watch video, hand brake must be applied. Do not know if this was wired in or not.

The next time it happens check the voltage directly at the Boss radio. If it has 12v on both the red and yellow wires and the black wire is grounded the stereo should come on. If it doesn’t, the stereo is junk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...