lose current if i use gauge reducer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
i want to use a gauge reducer on my 0 gauge amp so that when i disconnect my amp i can easily plug it back in, instead of having to struggle with 0 gauge not going back into the amp termial smoothly after its been used

Stinger SPT821 Car Audio 0 Gauge To 4 Gauge Size Reducer

u guys think itl cause the amp to take in less voltage than if i just stick in the 0 gauge naked into the amp?

I use them on my aq3500's and I have had no issues. My volt meter did not read any lower after I installed them so I doubt there is any real loss of voltage when using this (volt meter is connected to the input on my amp). If there is it has to be so small that my meter cant detect it.

I use them on my aq3500's and I have had no issues. My volt meter did not read any lower after I installed them so I doubt there is any real loss of voltage when using this (volt meter is connected to the input on my amp). If there is it has to be so small that my meter cant detect it.
NICE! thanks for the reply.which exact gauge reducer do u use? i bought a monster gauge reducer and it *****. its too big to fit in a zero gauge entry, idk how that even makes sense. its SUPPOSED to reduce into a 4 gauge but it doesnt even fit a 0 gauge itself. wtf?

anyways, let me kno what reducer u got cus i want one that ill fit nicely but ill also tighten in ith the amp terminal screw so it ont become lose and fall out.

I use the stinger one you have listed above but mine are a platinum finish rather then the gold. The prong is much smaller in diameter then the knu 0g I use. Took alil wiggling to get the wire into the reducer but the prong on the reducer went in like a glove on the inputs on my amps.

I use the stinger one you have listed above but mine are a platinum finish rather then the gold. The prong is much smaller in diameter then the knu 0g I use. Took alil wiggling to get the wire into the reducer but the prong on the reducer went in like a glove on the inputs on my amps.
nice! i will be ordering a few of these then. =D

i want to use them for better contact and so that when i switch amps i can easily stick the power/ground in. no struggling with the 0 gauge not beeing completely clean or strands not going into the amp terminals. that always pisses me off and takes too much work. also might use it on some battery terminals. they seem very useful. i would think everyone would use them.

ooh also. did the "prong" (tip that goes into terminal) fit in smoothly and stay in place when you tightned the screw on the amp terminal? i dont want it to be falling out or becoming lose if the screw on the amp terminal cant hold it in.

ooh also. did the "prong" (tip that goes into terminal) fit in smoothly and stay in place when you tightned the screw on the amp terminal? i dont want it to be falling out or becoming lose if the screw on the amp terminal cant hold it in.
If you have those worries, do what I did... I drilled out a portion of that piece so the screw would sit inside of it... Makes it 10x more secure... You shouldn't have a problem with it though. The only reason why I did, was 'cause my terminal screws were starting to strip, and I couldn't get a good tight connection.

Mine were a little different and were not cut in half on the 4ga side... They were completely round.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.