LOoking to upgrade spl, taking ideas

If it helps any I ran my sa 12s on an audiopipe 3k with zero issues. I would demo and full tilt on them pretty hard and never smelled them or got warm. Box was right under 4cf and has about 65 square inches of port. It did a 148 on music in the trunk of my mustang. I also had them wired to 2 ohms on my Taramps 8k they took it well but I was much easier on them while wired to that amp.

Not sure but if he's already tuned to 35hz he's probably not concerned about strong lows. I would tune lower for dubstep personally.
dubstep doesnt get that low at all to warrant tuning anywhere below 34hz. its generally 33 to 47hz for most dubstep songs out there. Some reach down to 30 hz but VERY rare, its even rarer to have anything below 30hz. Tuning any lower than 34hz is a waste depending on the vehicle/sub especially if its an HDC sub where it can play super low even when tuned really high like my old hdc3s playing 22hz strong tuned to 36.5hz. This is coming from a guy that still goes to dubstep/trap music festivals with a pretty heavy collection of dubstep in the library all analyzed on audacity's spectrum analyzer.

Yeah they went bonkers! I'd love to do 3500 but I listen to extended periods of time, but I'm thinking **** it , but maybe a new box as well?
i'd sell the SA 12s and pick up an hdc4 18 and a 3.5k to 4k amp wired to half ohm with some electrical support. 36 to 40hz tuning would be the sweet spot for hdc4s and dubstep. You'll still easily play down to 30hz strong but the 35 to 50hz range will destroy your lungs. SA 12s will take the 3500.1 at 1 ohm but why stop at 1 ohm. Fk it if you gonna upgrade, do it big. None of this tiny step bullsh*t. I remember back then when you had the type Rs man. Its just lateral transfers with miniscule improvements here and there.... Do a real upgrade and you'll be happy. Should be hitting at least a 150 with the 3.5k and single 18.

I found woofers i like more than the HDCs but one thing the HDCs did sound really good on was dubstep. Really rough in your face, "lets break some necks and utterly FK sh*t up" kind of peaky bass. My current subs get louder and more pressured but they sound too clean and smooth for dubstep lmfao.

I've ran multiple sa's with more than there 750rms lol

once had a single 10 on a svc2k..and 2 12's on 3.5-4k yep done that. As with most things extremes can be pushed but..... there's always a but. I've manged to go unscathed with sa's.

[quote name='ronin1717']and I agree @Jeffdacheff said....if you're going to upgrade.... UPGRADE ..... wished I followed that statement all the time lol[/QUOTE]

Jeffs the guy who helped me plan my 18 inch build! Glad to see he's still around he thought me a lot! So Im hearing just save up for my 18 on 4K build over upgrading These ??

i'd sell the SA 12s and pick up an hdc4 18 and a 3.5k to 4k amp wired to half ohm with some electrical support. 36 to 40hz tuning would be the sweet spot for hdc4s and dubstep. You'll still easily play down to 30hz strong but the 35 to 50hz range will destroy your lungs. SA 12s will take the 3500.1 at 1 ohm but why stop at 1 ohm. Fk it if you gonna upgrade, do it big. None of this tiny step bullsh*t. I remember back then when you had the type Rs man. Its just lateral transfers with miniscule improvements here and there.... Do a real upgrade and you'll be happy. Should be hitting at least a 150 with the 3.5k and single 18.
so my hdc4 18 on a Taramp at 4K on 37hz sound good to you still?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks for the info guys! im thinking im gunna go the more expensive route long term, and im feeling risky and wanna toss a 4k amp on these, that way they get around 3k truely hitting after all that math stuff i dont know about. Ill probably toss them in a box tuned to 36 hz, any last minute opinions ??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.